BAX 2015 Teen Arts Conference InternshipBAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange
NYC Art Co. Seeks Best Spring Interns (art consulting, design, film, marketing)nAscent Art New York
graphic/web designerOuchi Gallery
Cosmopolitan.com Graphic Design InternshipCosmopolitan.com
Projects & Grant Writing Intern at The City to Sea ProjectCity to Sea Project
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
International Foundation for Women Artists
325 West 38 St. Suite 510
New York, NY
DescriptionThe International Foundation for Women Artists is looking for help managing and updating our websites and blog, maximizing our online presence.
We have a Wix-based website and a WordPress blog, which we keep updated with new postings: videos, written interviews, events, reviews and tons of pictures of female artists' work with the intent of giving them more exposure and support.
--We would like you to be an independent, self-starter in fixing little glitches and formatting issues here and there, constantly improving the looks and hopefully the SEO of all our sites. Photoshop and Illustrator should be your best friends, right?
As we are a start up non-profit, we have no budget; it is an unpaid internship. Your schedule will be adjusted according to your evaluation of time needed.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback