Object Stories CMS InternBookmark This
PORTLAND ART MUSEUM
1219 SW Park Ave
DescriptionThe Portland Art Museum announces an internship opportunity within our Education Department’s Object Stories Initiative. Since 1892 the mission of the Portland Art Museum is to engage the public with art and film of enduring quality, to facilitate dialogue with diverse audiences, and to collect, preserve and educate for the enrichment of present and future generations. The Object Stories CMS Intern will be responsible for completing various tasks related to the preservation of digital assets in the Museums Content Management System. To find out more information about Object Stories visit www.portlandartmuseum.org.
ResponsibilitiesThis intern is responsible for completing tasks associated with the cataloguing of Object Stories digital assets. The intern will assist the Interpretive Media Specialist and the Object Stories Editor:
• Record, edit, and quality assure audio and digital assets in a content management system (CMS)
• Work with external developers to troubleshoot and identify CMS issues
• Tag digital assets in the CMS
As part of the Object Stories CMS internship, the intern will have the opportunity to:
• Become familiar with museum educational practices, how museums work, and how this translates to co-created content
• Become familiar with new media issues faced by museum professionals
• Produce multimedia products that meet high quality standards of the Portland Art Museum
Applicants may be undergraduate or graduate students in media and technology, museum studies, library sciences, information management, art history, oral history, education, or equivalent area of study. Qualified individuals possess experience with video/multimedia production and software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and Audacity; as well as, the ability to adapt quickly to custom content management systems and user interfaces. Applicants must be highly detail oriented, self-starters, organized, and demonstrate strong communication skills.