Artist Coaching Business Seeking Talent Scout Intern in Arts ManagementVida Linda Coaching
Fundraising & Development and Advertising Internships - International Sculpture CenterInternational Sculpture Center
Fine Arts / Gallery InternBrent Estabrook Art
Summer Intern Art InstructorStudio 12
Fine Arts / Gallery Intern - SexyKnowledgeDOCUTHESIS INC.
Smithsonian Studio Arts InternBookmark This
The Smithsonian Associates (TSA)
1100 Jefferson Drive, SW - Suite 3077
The Smithsonian Associates (TSA) advances the Smithsonian Institution’s mission “to increase and diffuse knowledge” through life-enriching educational and cultural experiences inspired by the Smithsonian’s research and collections for DC-region students, families, and adults, and for learning communities nationwide.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
• Expand internet research skills and gain experience in social marketing
• Improve writing skills through a variety of communication mediums (formal correspondence, marketing materials, web content)
• Hands-on participation in producing Studio Arts classes
25 hrs/wk; 1 full semester
Monday - Friday, 10:00 am to 3:00/4:00 pm
All TSA Internships are unpaid and housing is not provided. College credit may be granted, but must be coordinated in advance with the intern's university/college.
Complete the online application at http://intern.si.edu/. Click on the link for the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA). Questions can be directed to the Intern Coordinator at TSAInternships@si.edu or 202.633.8641.
Intern positions at The Smithsonian Associates are available year-round. For more information go to http://smithsonianassociates.org/ticketing/internships/start.aspx
Spring (January - May)
Summer (June - August)
Fall (September - December)
To be considered in the first round of applications, please submit your materials by the following dates:
Spring - October 1
Summer - February 1
Fall - July 1
Applications received after these dates will still be considered on an as-needed basis.
Prospective interns are required to submit the following:
1. Application for Smithsonian Institute Internships
2. Two letters of recommendation (usually from professors)
3. Recent writing sample (usually a paper written for school and at least two pages)
4. Most recent transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
Interns at the Smithsonian are required to undergo a security background investigation and fingerprinting through the Office of Protection Services before they are accepted into an internship.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT
Ms. Meg Smolinski
PO Box 23293
Washington DC 20026-3293
For more information about internships with The Smithsonian Associates go to:
The primary responsibility will be research and development of an increased web presence for the Studio Arts department. This portion of the internship is somewhat self-directed with oversight by the Studio Arts Coordinator. Tasks include:
• Maintaining/enhancing the Studio Arts social media profiles on Facebook & Twitter
• Maintaining/enhancing the Studio Arts department fledgling art-related blog
• Providing content for a Studio Arts landing page on the TSA website.
The intern will also assist the TSA Studio Arts department by providing program support including: logistical set-up, research, budgeting, marketing, and correspondence with staff, vendors, and the general public including direct, hands-on, support for fall and/or winter studio art programs.
• Ability to work efficiently with attention to detail
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel
• Internet research skills, including social media and networking sites
• Knowledge of and interest in the visual arts and continuing educational programming in a museum setting
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to creatively problem-solve and work with loose supervision.
• Applicant must be able to interact with many different types of people while maintaining a professional demeanor.
The following student majors are desired for this intern position, but other areas of study will be considered: