Internships for Art and Digital Media Majors757 Media
Marketing & Events Intern (2 slots available)Vasato LLC
Events Intern (2 slots available)Vasato LLC
General Art Staff for Children's Summer CampIroquois Springs
Intern for New York Art DealerAfrodet Zuri, LLC
Video Mogul InternshipJulie Braun Co.
CASTING INTERN In LOS Angles CaliforniaFidel Films
3D Scanning InterniMakr
Art Gallery CuratorBookmark This
Gallery Salons LLC
95 Washington Street
Posted: February 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe need an art lover/entrepreneur who can start up an art gallery. Gallery Salons is a 5-location real estate concept that leases salon suites to beauty entrepreneurs. We would like to begin using our lobby and common areas as an art gallery for local artists. We need an intern who can recruit local artists, curate the shows, market them, and manage the whole process. Compensation would be commission based, depending on how much art is sold.
What you will learn:
* Connect with the local art community
* How to start a business in the art space
* How to curate and market an art exhibit
* How to create excitement using social media
* How to manage an indirect sales force - using our beauty entrepreneurs to help sell the work
ResponsibilitiesThe job is part-time and flexible, so it could be done in conjunction with another job or school. We plan to have 4 shows/year, but you can plan these in advance when you have time. Responsibilities include:
* Recruit local artists to exhibit in our gallery
* Curate quarterly shows
* Install the exhibits and organize and attend openings
* Market the exhibits using social media
* Work with our independent beauty salon owners to teach them how to help sell the work
* Coordinate sales between buyers and artists.
* The first location we will open will be in Canton, MA. If it's a success we will open additional gallery locations in Norwood and Foxborough.
* Most of your work will be done online and on the phone. You will only need to go to Canton to install the exhibit, attend the opening, and come occasionally to meet with artists and the beauty salon owners who will help sell the work.
* You don't need to be on-site to sell the work, but you do need to train the independent beauty entrepreneurs who will be on-site on how to generate excitement about the work and make sales. You will be the go-between once they have identified a buyer and you will an earn a commission on the sale.
* You must be a student of art and art history, and have good taste to pick excellent shows.
* You must be good at using social media to generate interest in the shows
* Must be able to work with others to get them to help you sell the work
* Must be entrepreneurial - you will be in charge of this whole project, not just taking orders!