Fine Arts / Gallery InternSilvacom
Dayflash Artist (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Graphic Design InternLife for Love LLC
Internship at Art Gallery during LA Art Show international art fairBleicher Galleries
Fine Arts / Gallery InternZAG Group of Companies
Gallery Assistant InternshipZuCot Gallery
Sculpture InternshipAsher Levine
Artist's AssistantR Mistri
Art Gallery / Curatorial InternshipBookmark This
Alfa Art Gallery
108 Church St
New Brunswick, NJ
Posted: February 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAlfa Art Gallery (a NJ Non-Profit Organization) accomplishes as much as it does thanks to the assistance of many volunteers and interns. Our internship program is available to college students and recent graduates. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world work experience in an art gallery environment.
The internships positions are unpaid, but interns may arrange with their college to receive course credit (each department does things differently but there is usually some sort of internship proposal form. Talk to your department heads for more info). In exchange for their work interns will also gain valuable experience in a dynamic nonprofit arts environment and will receive an evaluation form and letter of recommendation at the end of their internship.
To apply for an internship, or to volunteer, please review the available positions below and send us your resume and cover letter letting us know which you’re interested in. Please tell us about your skills, and let us know your available start date and hours. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alfa Art Gallery is looking for a curatorial intern to assist in the production of new commissions, exhibitions, and development of electronic and printed publications; as well as conduct curatorial research, and assist with the planning of current and upcoming program initiatives. The right match for this position will be a highly motivated, intelligent individual with strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, ability to manage time efficiently, and handle several projects simultaneously. A professional phone manner, a sense of humor, and an interest and/or knowledge of contemporary art and its concepts are also important.
For more info go to - http://www.alfaart.org/about-us/internships
Responsibilities• Responsible for the development of press releases and other written documents
• Work with the Photography/Video Production intern to plan and execute professional artist interviews
• Research and suggest new artists and exhibition ideas
• Assist in the coordination of special events, such as opening receptions, Public Programs, and Class visits
• Collaborate with the development intern on grant writing and securing sponsorships
• Assist in finding and booking performers for our multi-disciplinary events (musicians, poets, dancers, actors, comedians, etc.)
• Promote the gallery’s facilities rental program
Requirements• Strong oral, written, organizational, and inter-personal communications skills
• Ability to manage time efficiently
• Knowledge of classical and contemporary art and its concepts
• Skilled in doing research, creating bibliographies, and writing letters
• Computer proficiency is a must, particularly experience with Microsoft Office; Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is a plus
Here are some general rules and requirements that apply to all internship positions:
• Interns are expected to attend most gallery-organized events (usually 2-3 a month).
• Interns are expected to spend at least 8hrs a week at the gallery. Hours are flexible and will be assigned on an individual basis.
• All interns will gain valuable public speaking experience through our program “The News”. “The News” is a program, which tries to inform visitors at our events about other upcoming cultural events in the New Brunswick area.
• All interns will be required to propose, plan, organize and execute an event during their internship. Since event planning and organization is a very comprehensive process each intern will have to collaborate with all other team members. This will help develop team-building and event organization skills.
• In addition to the tasks specific to their area each intern is expected to help with administrative tasks and day-to-day operations.
• Candidates should possess good written and verbal communication skills
• Candidates should have a passion for art and a desire to be actively involved in the art community
• Candidates are expected to be computer literate and quick learners
• Candidates are required to have excellent problem solving skills and are expected to take initiative.
SkillsRequired - Engaging Public Speaker, Microsoft Suite
Preferred - Art History, Contemporary Art