Assistant Teacher for a Children's Book Store & GalleryGas-Art Gifts LLC
Associate Image EditorWhoWhatWhy
Fine Arts / Art Consultant InternKing Art Collective
Internship at Art Gallery during Miami Basel fairBleicher Galleries
Target Gallery Spring 2017 InternTorpedo Factory Art Center
Target Gallery Winter InternTorpedo Factory Art Center
Sequential Art (Drawing Comics)Hashtag Comics
Fine Arts / Studio InternAvaulte
Exhibitions Intern – Winter 2017 (January - May 2017)Bookmark This
Boston Center for the Arts
539 Tremont Street
Posted: August 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is an opportunity to learn about exhibition-making and visual arts programming in an engaged, hands-on manner. BCA visual arts interns play an active and vital role in making our programs come to life. It is a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, and every task, from taking department meeting notes and assisting in updating of mailing lists to working directly with curators and artists, researching potential community partners, and helping with set-up and oversight on varied artist residency projects, is valuable. Based on individual skills and interests, motivated interns will be encouraged to develop their own talents through self-directed projects. Upper-level undergraduates and graduate students with a strong background in contemporary art preferred.
The intern will also provide support in the Mills Gallery and be expected to work one to two shifts a week in the gallery (one that must be during evening or weekend hours). Total 12-15 hours/week.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Visual Arts the intern will:
• Assist the Visual Arts Manager and Associate Director of Visual Arts in exhibition logistics and
research, which may include: assisting with contracts, cataloging and academic research of upcoming exhibition themes and artists.
• Help develop and implement Open Call postings and the jurying process for BCA Artist Residents.
• Provide support for BCA Artist Residents.
• Assist in development and execution of artist-centric programming including exhibition-related events, Gertrude’s Artists Salon and Artists Help Desk.
• Detail-oriented, with strong writing and organizational skills;
• Flexible, able to respond to last-minute nature of some exhibition and program related needs;
• Collaborative and engaged – willing to contribute ideas and to fulfill assigned tasks;
This is an unpaid internship. Interns can arrange academic credit through their educational institution.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter outlining your interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and “Exhibitions Internship” in the subject line. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Friday, June 10, 2016 for the fall 2016 semester.
Position is open until filled.