Woodworking InstructorCamp Weequahic
Ceramics InstructorCamp Weequahic
Graphic Design InternLife for Love LLC
Fine Arts / Gallery InternCostco Wholesale
Fine Arts / Gallery InternAusgold Limited
Editorial / Journalism InternInfant Vision
Administrative and Design Interns NeededWhiteBox
Fashion PhotographyRekless Creations LLC
Fine Arts / Gallery InternBookmark This
549 West 52nd Street
New York, NY
Posted: February 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionA non-profit multicultural interdisciplinary art gallery committed to the research, production, presentation and interpretation of contemporary art.
Located in Midtown West Side Manhattan.
Interns to assist with installation, keep track of gallery and events attendance , help with communication, and willing to learn and adapt to working environment.
Responsibilities- Support and expand public relations with collectors, media contacts, artists and the general public
- Assist in managing gallery operations
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of installations
- Assist during events and receptions
- Maintain website, blog and social media network presence
- Handle and curate valuable artwork
Requirements- Studio Arts, Marketing/Hospitality, Business/Accounting, Art History, Communications Majors (preferred)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Passion for art; actively involved in the art community
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, basic HTML, MS Office Suite