Fine Arts / Studio InternAvaulte
Video Production InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Artist / Creative TeamOcatasi
Be a part of an up and coming Art & Technology CompanyAvaulte
Fine Arts / Gallery InternRafael Barros Art
Graphic Design InternRafael Barros Art
Graphic Design Intern'Growers' Short Film
IllustratorThe Enchanted Party
Fine Arts / Gallery InternBookmark This
SANTA BANNON / FIne Art
25 W 3rd St. Suite 93 ArtsQuest Banana Factory-1st floor
Posted: January 12 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSanta Bannon / Fine Art is a fine art gallery, art consulting firm, and fine artists' representative . We provide curatorial services for individual collections and organizations. Our gallery primarily features the work of world renowned Pennsylvania fine artists and curates rotating exhibitions in various media in thematic group or one-person shows. We offer art consulting and advising in all the visual arts; from photography, art glass, new media, and installation to sculpture, painting and collage for the purpose of accession or deaccession. SB/FA clients include individuals, family and corporate collectors, museum curators, as well as interior design and architecture professionals.
Santa Bannon, principal of SB/FA, regularly attends the most important art fairs in the world such as Art Basel, Art Miami, Paris Photo, Photo LA, AIPAD, Scope, among others, to keep abreast of current art trends as well as availability in the “blue chip”, modern and contemporary art market.
Santa Bannon also attends artists’ opening/closing exhibitions locally, in New York and Philadelphia researching established and emerging artists and connecting with them for collaborations or commission of new work.
We judiciously view fine art and review artists both regionally and internationally to bring our clients work with staying power. We attend and buy at the major auction houses and can research any vintage or contemporary work our clients may have interest in. Should we be unable to procure that certain piece, we can certainly facilitate an introduction.
We assist erudite collectors find appropriate pieces in most media to expand existing collections as well as welcome the novice collector find their way in starting a collection or to simply purchase something they love.
SB/FA is located in the heart of the thriving arts community at ArtsQuest Banana Factory. Our chic 1200 square foot, multi-level space is a Euro-industrial salon style gallery and is the only space of its kind in the region.
Responsibilities-May be a currently enrolled student or recent graduate in Majors: Sales, Photography, Studio Arts, Fine Art, Art History, Graphic Design, Marketing/Hospitality, Business/Accounting, Communications, Advertising
- Assist in daily gallery operations such as answering questions and sales
- Support and expand public relations with collectors, media contacts, artists and the general public
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of artists and installations
- Assist during events and opening or closing receptions - especially on First Friday receptions
- Assist in PR and marketing with regard to website editing, blog and social media pages and other networks
-Assist in developing advertising and marketing ideas
-Assist in video recording/ photographing opening receptions
- Handle valuable artwork
-Assist with artwork checklists and labeling
- Possibly attend art auctions or art related events off site
-Assist with proposed courses on the Business of Art and How to Collect Fine Art.
Requirements-Only apply if you are currently living in PA or NJ OR are a student in PA or NJ!
-Minimum 180 total hours commitment divided between 3 to 4 months: one week day (11a-5p) and one weekend W-F (11a-5p) and one First Friday of the month, 4p-9:30p.
- Sense of style with professionalism
- Can do attitude
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking with follow-through to completion
- Demonstrate attention to details
- Motivated Self starter
-Ability to work independently and problem solve
-Outgoing, Trustworthy, Discrete, Mature and Responsible
-Ability to think entrepreneurially
- Utilize strong written skills, attention to detail including spelling, and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
- Assist in gallery operations such as hanging artwork, layout of art check lists and labels
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word
Preferred - Apple Macintosh