Fine Arts / Studio InternAvaulte
Video Production InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Artist / Creative TeamOcatasi
Be a part of an up and coming Art & Technology CompanyAvaulte
Fine Arts / Gallery InternRafael Barros Art
Graphic Design InternRafael Barros Art
Graphic Design Intern'Growers' Short Film
IllustratorThe Enchanted Party
Gallery InternshipBookmark This
First Street Gallery
526 West 26th Street, Suite 209
New York, NY
Posted: February 03 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAn internship at FIRST STREET GALLERY is an excellent opportunity for someone who is detail-oriented and interested in gaining work experience in an art gallery setting.
This internship is unpaid, but students may arrange with their college to receive course credit. Additionally, letters of recommendation can be requested at the end of the internship.
Please e-mail contact information, resume, cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can apply directly on our website at: http://www.firststreetgallery.org/membership/internship-application-form
Portfolios in regard to graphic design, website design, audio and video are a plus but not necessary.
Please review our gallery website prior to applying: http://www.firststreetgallery.org/
Responsibilities- Assist in managing gallery operations
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of installations
- Assist in producing and maintaining content on website as needed (text, graphics, audio and video)
- Assist during events and receptions
Requirements- Studio Arts, Art History, Arts Administration field (preferred)
- Passion for art
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Possess an in-depth understanding of social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Able to collaborate with the FSG team and also have the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate attention to detail while maintaining perspective
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Photoshop
- Experienced Mac user