- Internships /
- Art /
- Grant-finder/writer, Community Builder, Jack-of-all trades Internship at Arts-Based Business
Internships for Art and Digital Media Majors757 Media
Marketing & Events Intern (2 slots available)Vasato LLC
Events Intern (2 slots available)Vasato LLC
General Art Staff for Children's Summer CampIroquois Springs
Intern for New York Art DealerAfrodet Zuri, LLC
Video Mogul InternshipJulie Braun Co.
CASTING INTERN In LOS Angles CaliforniaFidel Films
3D Scanning InterniMakr
Grant-finder/writer, Community Builder, Jack-of-all trades Internship at Arts-Based BusinessBookmark This
ON-THE-WALL Murals & Mosaics for Community & Public Art
1300 Blueberry Ln
Posted: March 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE WHOLE DESCRIPTION, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY!
ALSO If you are not in the Charlotte area, please DO NOT APPLY. This is an in-person opportunity only.
AND PLEASE NOTE: Internship will be UNPAID to start but looking to make a stipend available as soon as is possible - Business owner is in the process of securing funding to expand to larger location (and to pay a stipend for the intern and hopefully move this internship toward a paid position). To be discussed at the time of interviewing.
Most important: Please read complete listing before responding!
I am a collaborative Artist based in Charlotte, NC., specialized in community-building collaborative mosaic programs and am in looking someone to help optimize my reach through grant finding and writing as well as general assistance with business building communication and organization. We're at a threshold of exponential growth and am looking for someone to add that needed boost to get me/us to the next level. Potential for future employment with growth.
While we create beautiful large-scale mosaic installations, what we do is much more: my process strengthens communities, empowers youth, builds personal and community pride and creates a legacy of ownership and respect, all while teaching skills and creating long-lasting bonds between participants.
The best candidate will bring technological skills and jack-of-all-trades willingness to dive in on projects when needed. Hopefully you will be curious to see how an professional art studio functions, will want to learn the structure behind our collaborative process, bring some method to our madness and while having a strong impact on youth and communities through the creation of art in the process.
Responsibilities- Research potential grant and funding opportunities and assist with grant-writing
- Organize photo archive and create photo books on existing template (can be done remotely)
- Assist with prep and materials collection during projects
- Participate in collaborative art making (if desired)
- Open to participating in other Artist activities: i.e.: organizing studio and materials, learning ceramic and mosaic techniques, create photo books to add to Artist portfolio, updating social media, etc.
Requirements- Exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Have a passion for community building and interest in creative placemaking
- Must be a team player and flourish in a multi-tasking environment
- Utilize strong organizational skills and implement effective organization/archive methodologies
- Have an interest in the arts and art making processes
- Knowledge of Mac OS and Mac-based software
- Understanding of Adobe Creative suite on the Mac platform
SkillsRequired - Apple Macintosh, Grant Applications
Preferred - Art, Community Arts