Comic strip artistJdecision
Featured iPhone Photographer and Artist (Virtual/Remote - 10 min/Day)New Photo Sharing App
Fine or Performing Arts InternANGLO PACIFIC GROUP
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGERfandf.entertament2
Fine or Performing Arts InternMedical Plus Pte Ltd
NYC Art Consulting Firm Seeks Best Fall Art Consulting InternnAscent Art New York
Video Game ArtistCritical Damage Studios
Graphic / Web Design InternBookmark This
104 West 29th St., 11th Floor
New York, NY
Posted: November 30 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDoNYC’s graphic / web design intern will be responsible for helping establish the general look and feel of the DoNYC brand across our social media platforms, web presence, and print media. This entails helping design house and co-branded ads, event flyers, unique and share-able social media graphics, and generally contributing to the changing web design of the site as a whole. Creative, self-motivated individuals that are able to think outside of the box and present their own ideas will excel.
Responsibilities- Able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior awareness of DoNYC - active user of the site, and familiar with our other outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Newsletter, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with current, active profiles on each.
- Strong, proven graphic design skills
- Strong passion for music and/or NYC events and nightlife
- Generally “in the know” about NYC events and happenings
- Self-Motivated - ability to focus and complete duties in a casual environment
- Flexible schedule - able to attend DoNYC events as frequently as possible
- Must be at least 21+ to assist with any doNYC events
- Candidate should ideally be looking to fill a college credit requirement. This is negotiable, but candidate will have to prove ability to take on such an important role if not seeking credit.
- Confident, creative thinker - ability to speak up and contribute in a team environment.
- In the know about the latest and greatest social media and digital marketing tools
- Industry-obsessed, following what others are doing and constantly brainstorming how it could be done better.
Requirements- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign
- Ability to work quickly under pressure
- Confident in taking general aesthetic direction and contributing your own ideas and personal spin on things
- Respond to DoNYC user comments and questions in a professional, helpful manner, while maintaining DoNYC’s “voice.”
- Knowledge of print vs digital media file size compressions
- Produce inventive ideas to solve various marketing needs and take on tasks as they arise
- Find creative opportunities for viral social and digital media graphics, to be shared across the DoNYC channels
- Interest in the music and entertainment fields
SkillsRequired - Graphic Design, Web Design
Preferred - Advertising, Event Photography, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign