Fine Arts / Studio InternAvaulte
Video Production InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Artist / Creative TeamOcatasi
Be a part of an up and coming Art & Technology CompanyAvaulte
Fine Arts / Gallery InternRafael Barros Art
Graphic Design InternRafael Barros Art
Graphic Design Intern'Growers' Short Film
IllustratorThe Enchanted Party
Intern (unpaid)Bookmark This
Union Street Gallery
1527 Otto Blvd.
Chicago Heights, IL
Posted: November 19 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnion Street Gallery fosters creative expression and appreciation for the arts through diverse exhibits in a vibrant gallery space; accessibility to open studios and a working artist collective; and engaging classes, workshops and outreach activities, in order to provide a positive and sustainable cultural presence in the community.
ResponsibilitiesUnion Street Gallery is looking for an intern, 18+, to aid gallery staff and studio artists in all aspects of gallery operations including exhibits, classes, events, social media, and general up-keep. Union Street Gallery is always seeking to actively engage the community in the artistic process as a means of art education so the Intern will also be involved in community outreach efforts. Intern will learn the basic ins and outs of running a not-for-profit art gallery and gain valuable professional skills.
Requirements- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Must be knowledgable in various forms of social media including facebook, twitter, pintrest, instagram, etc.
- Must be self motivated, flexible, able to adapt and think on your toes
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail
- Must be very comfortable working with and engaging people including artists
- Must be a creative and have knowledge of design and visual aesthetics
- Must have reliable transportation
SkillsRequired - Microsoft, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Social Media, Self Motivated, Flexible, Organized, Close Attention to Detail, Comfortable working independently, Enjoy Working with People
Preferred - Art, Adobe Creative Suite