Summer Gallery Assistant / Marketing InternCYNTHIA-REEVES
Support Team -Prop Dressers (Must be based in Broward, Miami)Kingston5 Productions
Art + Culture assistantFV MAGAZINE
Studio Assistant (Paid Internship)Unarthodox
Editor for Art Section for New Online MagazineThe Juliet
Personal Assistant NeededKennedy Art Studio
Illustrator for Online fashion magazineThe Juliet
Art Intern, San Francisco CaliforniaReliaMax Holding Company
Programming InternBookmark This
The McConnell Arts Center of Worthington
777 Evening Street
Posted: April 24 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe McConnell Arts Center is a multi-discipline arts center and our mission is to change lives and make memories through creative arts experiences. We offer more than 50 classes in the visual arts, music, film, and dance every 8 weeks. We present over 250 events per year in our Bronwynn Theater: film, dance, musical theater, plays, live music and comedy. Our gallery spaces exhibit 6 shows annually featuring the work of at least 8 local artist solo and/or group shows, the Governor’s Choice Art Awards and our new annual MAC Faculty & Student shows. We have a lot to offer an intern looking to learn about all aspects of arts administration, as well as arts education and exhibition, in a fun, non-credited environment. This internship opportunity is unpaid.
ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a highly motivated, organized, proactive and energetic individual to assist the programming director with many of the following responsibilities:
1. Hands-on arts administration experience working with part-time artist faculty members (instructors), exhibiting artists, as well as performing artists.
2. Enrollment organization and data-entry, ticket sales and final performance numbers, instructor and performing artist contracts, exhibit agreements, etc.
3. Social media strategy, maintenance and organization, as well as implementation – uploading photos, writing descriptions of various events, classes and performances.
4. Assisting with our many special events in the theater, building wide and even outside of the MAC grounds – working the box office, greeting and ushering guests, setting up refreshments, etc.
5. Assisting with exhibition prep (formatting labels, artist statements, etc.) and installation (handling original artwork, hanging artwork on walls, organizing artist opening receptions & artist talks, etc.)
6. Working alongside a small army of volunteers on the various tasks as per the above.
RequirementsBasic knowledge of and interest in the arts and arts administration. Computer proficiency with Windows and related applications. Good communication and writing skills required. Familiarity or desire to learn more about social media platforms. Creativity and initiative are encouraged.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows
Preferred - Adobe Photoshop