Fine or Performing Arts InternMedical Plus Pte Ltd
NYC Art Consulting Firm Seeks Best Fall Art Consulting InternnAscent Art New York
Video Game ArtistCritical Damage Studios
PART TIME POSITION OPENNING!!!Joseph S Dzhin Creative Art
Fine or Performing Arts InternBrogan Group
FINE or PERFORMING ARTS INTERNNOVA CHEMICALS
Fine or Performing Arts InternANGLO PACIFIC
FINE or PERFORMING ARTS INTERNAlberta Health Services (AHS)
Utopia Feni Creative InternBookmark This
Utopia Feni Inc.
1314 Kempsville Rd. 23464
Virginia Beach, VA
Posted: February 18 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUtopia Feni Creative Studios is a sustainable creative space designed for our non-profit art gallery, shared studio rentals, and gift shop boutique. We were built to sustain an emerging creative community as well as to provide art programs in disadvantaged parts of the world. Utopia Feni is a lifestyle brand revolved around these values. We operate this community as well as design merchandise for our brand. We are seeking creative interns who are looking to grow in a positive atmosphere for the arts and to assist us with our day-to-day operations.
The five facets to this internship:
• Gallery Curating/Gift Shop Operations
• Non-profit Management
• Design & Marketing
• Community Event Planning
• Sustainable Gardening
As valued members of our community, interns will be allowed to decide the primary focus of their own internship. Interns will be able to learn the structure of what it takes to establish a new project such as ours and make ideas come to life. Together, we can assess where we need improvements and where interns are most valued in the arts industry whether it be more creative or technical.
We will provide a very supportive atmosphere with an involved mentorship. We welcome input and suggestions from our interns and we value their opinions. In return, we will provide feedback and critiques in artistic development. We will write recommendations and interns are welcome to use our studio space, supplies, and equipment within studio hours during the duration of their terms.
An important aspect of this internship is that it is as involved and developed as you're willing to put in the effort for. Candidates must know how to self direct, but seek guidance when needed.
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
ResponsibilitiesGallery Curating/ Gift Shop Operations
- This task includes organizing and managing an inventory system of the works in the gallery and stock in our gift shop. Interns will learn how to operate a square register and other financial practices of retail trade. Interns will assist in the development of our online store/ preparation and hanging of shows as well as seeking new artists and crafters to work with us.
-This task includes learning the basics of fundraising for a non profit and helping our gallery market towards our community through research and creating a list of leads for collaborations and soliciting donations.
Design & Marketing
- This task includes helping our studios vision by incorporating your own art and assisting with painting murals and other interior design aspects of the creative space. In this facet, interns will learn how to organize the composition of interior design as well as practice graphic design through marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, and social media blogs and marketing.
Community Event Planning
- This task includes assisting in the structure of our creative events such as crafting classes, drawing classes, meditation/yoga seminars, etc. The primary focus is to prepare the space around the needs of these events and seeking the appropriate attendees to join our community.
- This task includes assisting in designing the landscape of our community garden. Facets of this task include researching optimal farming techniques, learning how to create organic composts, creating the correct environments for certain crops, and building a secret garden that accommodates for picnics and events.
RequirementsThis is a seasonal internship (3+ months), each term begins at the beginning of each month. Interns are accepted on a volunteer basis and may work anywhere from 5-10 hours per week.
We do not require any previous experience, but we do recommend interns who have graduated high school and have artistic backgrounds along with positive outlooks for committing to our project.
SkillsRequired - Community Arts
Preferred - Interactive Advertising, Art Exhibitions, Sustainable Agriculture, Organic Gardening, Social Media Blogging, Brand Developement, Creative Arts, Art Gallery, Retail Displays, Charitable Gift Planning, Non-profit Marketing, Marketing for Small Business, Charity Events