Internships for Art and Digital Media Majors757 Media
Marketing & Events Intern (2 slots available)Vasato LLC
Events Intern (2 slots available)Vasato LLC
General Art Staff for Children's Summer CampIroquois Springs
Intern for New York Art DealerAfrodet Zuri, LLC
Video Mogul InternshipJulie Braun Co.
CASTING INTERN In LOS Angles CaliforniaFidel Films
3D Scanning InterniMakr
New York, NY
Posted: November 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Hole is a contemporary art gallery representing emerging artists run by Kathy Grayson. Opened July of 2010 in our 4000 sq. ft. storefront on the Bowery, The Hole presents monthly solo and group exhibitions including artists from emerging to established in our thematic shows. In between exhibitions, we host performances, events and special projects across various creative industries to support collaboration across the arts and the downtown artist community.
The Hole is currently offering internship programs in the Operations and Administrative Departments.
Operations Candidates will assist the Operations Director and gain valuable insight into Preparatory skills of a contemporary art gallery including wrapping and shipping artwork, delivering or picking up artwork from studios or collectors, gallery maintenance, as well as exhibition installation and planning. Internships generally require a commitment of three days per week for a minimum of three months.
Administrative Candidates will assist the Gallery Associate in completing a wide array of administrative tasks, ranging from preparing exhibition and sales materials to updating gallery databases with artwork and client information and maintaining gallery web presence. This is a great opportunity to gain firsthand experience and an in-depth understanding of the contemporary art world while working in an exciting and inspiring environment.
ResponsibilitiesOperation candidates :
- Being able to work with all departments of the gallery - sales, registrars, accounting, owner.
- Work in a fast-paced day-to-day environment
- Professionally transport, move and instal painting, sculptures and prints in public and private spaces.
- Using ArtBase (keeping databases up to date, following procedures of classifications, gallery mapping, etc.)
- Producing accurate and detailed condition reports
- Juggling physical and administrative tasks
- Calm and problem solving attitude with a detail-oriented personality
- General reception (greeting visitors and providing exhibition information, answering phones, running occasional errands, etc.)
- Administration (assisting with updating database with artwork and client info, small research projects, preparing exhibition and sales materials including photographing artwork)
RequirementsThe successful candidate will be an organized and motivated individual who will work alongside gallery staff in many aspects of day-to-day operations. Reliability and attention to detail are critical along with a background in art history and a polished, professional demeanor. Standard internship responsibilities are listed below but the scope of the experience can be expanded as a function of the candidate's aptitude. This is a great opportunity to gain deep exposure and experience in a contemporary art gallery.
As this internship requires moving a variety of objects and materials, you must be comfortable lifting heavy objects and have an attention to detail while handling valuable artworks. A valid driver’s license is preferred, please indicate this in your application. Familiarity with Mac operating platform, Microsoft office suites, Adobe Photoshop, and ArtBase or similar database is a plus.