Audiovisual InternThe Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
SharePoint DeveloperThe Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Media InternThe Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Boutique Investment Banking Firm seeks Computer Systems and Networking InternGlobal Capital Markets Inc.
Global Banking Internship With HSBC (China)Be Loud Marketing
Investment Banking Associate in training (FT or PT, Good bonus, Unpaid)Bookmark This
West East Capital
Lake Bluff, IL
DescriptionWest East Capital Corporation is a financial advisory firm headquartered in Greater Chicago and highly focused on financing the growth sectors of US and other economies. West East in tandem with its’ partners offers a number of services and in doing so, assists in obtaining equity and debt capital and provides consultancy services to its clients.
Our domestic consultancy services extend across areas including public and private equity, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, business advisory, initial public offerings and strategic partnerships. West East's international investment banking specializes in cross-border transactions covering most emerging markets. Services include public and private placements, mergers and acquisitions and financial advisory. West East Capital has a fun and competitive team, we truly appreciate and take care of each other and are willing to share our success.
ResponsibilitiesWest East Capital is looking to add another driven and ambitious intern (or independently contracted associate) seeking experience in the world of M&A, private equity and investment banking. You will learn how deals are sourced, shopped and closed; from start to finish. You will be responsible for executing and monitoring critical segments of the business, comprised of back-end processes (shopping deals) and front-end processes (sourcing leads). You will be responsible for executing your tasks, while monitoring their impact and developing strategies to improve effectiveness.
IMPORTANT: We are NOT looking for pure nerds who are focused on back-office jobs and are shy of picking up the phone and calling cold. Significant part of the immediate requirement indeed is to i. have at least 20 hrs of free time during the business hours, and ii. spend that time making cold calls to companies as well as to private equity and VC firms to pitch them our services and deals and get them on the phone with the management. This requires business acumen, decent knowledge of corporate finance and tenacity of almost a pit-bull in order to be successful and learn all aspects of investment banking operations from deal sourcing to deal research and analysis to pitch book packaging to sales to closing.
Please email your cover letter along with the resume to fn@WestEastCapital.com. No phone calls please. No geographic restrictions with the USA.
• Spearheading calling program part of placement process;
• Screening in-house, public and data aggregation databases;
• Heading targeted campaigns to introduce our services and find initial interest;
• Assist in developing a business pipeline by pitching presentation of West East Capital to potential clients;
• Participating on company phone calls with investors and investees;
• Assist in deal analysis;
• Maintain active relationships with Buy and Sell Side parties;
• Analyzing the marketplace to determine latest private equity industry trends;
• This can be intern position or an independent contract;
• NO salary but there will be juicy bonus off of each closing fee regardless if you worked on deal or no;
• Previous experience in sales and competitive sports is at least as valuable as stock picking, research and alike;
You will be a part of process that encompasses driving the deal pipeline, analyzing the new deals, signing the clients up, packaging their presentation and taking them to market. Truly unique opportunity to get a Ph.D. crash course in Investment Banking and to learn the whole process from A to Z, not just being a spreadsheet monkey mapped into a little area like it happens at jobs in larger houses.
• 3rd or 4th year w/ business major & GPA over 3.2 or a grad. student;
• Passion to do whatever it takes to work in high risk/high reward private equity/investment banking industry;
• “Go-get” attitude and high tenacity to be on the sale side and make phone calls;
• Good or better communication skills;
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and business;
• Born entrepreneur driven by “making deals” not afraid to “cold-call”;
• Mobile internet to work from your residential office because all West East associates are in different parts of the USA.
• Obviously a good knowledge of Office applications at least; knowledge of platforms like FactSet and Bloomberg and other quantitative tools is desirable but not crucial