Travel Writing InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Marine Science InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Anthropology Internship IcelandGlobal Treks and Adventures
Biology / Entomology Interns Needed - North Carolina Ag Tech Startup - Insect FarmingBitwater Farms
Undergraduate Intern in Marine ScienceMorgan State University
2017 Summer InternshipCabot Microelectronics
Dolphin Research Internship in PortugalAIMM - Marine Environment Research Association
Great White Shark Conservation ProgramAfrica Project
Carnivore/Primate InternBookmark This
4400 Cook Road
Posted: July 03 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 24 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTiger World, and non-profit Animal Conservation and Education Center has available 3-Month Intern positions throughout the year. Under close supervision, Interns have the opportunity to gain practical work experience in a Zoo setting. Our Intern program is intense and provides a platform for development.
Tiger World is located just 20 minutes North of Charlotte, NC and has animals including Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Lemurs, Baboons, Bears and more. We have available 3-month Intern positions throughout the year including for SPRING March 25-June 21, SUMMER June 24-Sept 20 FALL Sept 23-Dec 22 WINTER Dec 30-Mar 28 2017 & SPRING Mar 31-June 27. If you have always wanted an opportunity to work with these amazing animals please apply. Visit our website at tigerworld.us to learn more about us.
This is an unpaid voluntary position, however housing and a weekly stipend of $50 will be provided. The use of the company vehicle may be available if you have your own car insurance. We also evaluate the Interns for future employment opportunities with Tiger World.
This internship is not affiliated with a college or university for credit hours, however some colleges and universities have recognized Tiger World to fulfill internship requirements. It is the applicant’s responsibility to determine if your college or university recognizes Tiger World’s Intern studies program.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will have the opportunity to gain practical work experience and knowledge caring for Bears, Primates, and Big Cats. Under close supervision you will learn how to prepare diets, clean habitats, observe and document, implement enrichment, repair and build enclosures, give guided tours to visitors, assist with veterinary care, crate animals for transport and more. There are opportunities for extending the internship to six  months and more advanced learning depending upon your commitment, dedication, and how well you work with the team and animals.
Requirements1. Candidates should have at least two (2) years of program studies in zoology, animal management, biology, exotic animal husbandry or a related field. Applicants who have already achieved their bachelors is a plus.
2. Must be able to do some heavy lifting of at least 50 pounds.
3. Must be able to work in unfavorable weather conditions including rain, snow, extreme heat, and freezing temperatures.
4. Must have a positive attitude, a good work ethic and arrive to work on time and work late if necessary.
5. Must be able to follow instructions and required policies and procedures.
6. Must be honest, trustworthy and organized.
7. Must have valid driver’s license and social security card or if from outside the US, a Green Card and Visa, or Visa Waiver Program. Knowing how to drive a stick shift is a Plus. 8. One  letter of reference/recommendation.
9. Unofficial or official school transcript and/or a copy of your degree.
10. Up-to-date vaccinations including for Tetanus and be TB Negative.
11. Must be able to commit for the entire Intern period.
12. Please apply by sending your Resumé and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your letter of recommendation and transcripts. We also enjoy pictures of your past experiences, please include them with with your application. You MUST indicate which internship you are available for SUMMER (June 27-Sept 2 we have 2 openings NOW) FALL (Sept 26-Dec 22) WINTER (Dec 28-Mar 22) & SPRING (Mar 25-June 21). We carefully evaluate all applicants and will call for interviews over the phone.