Intern Needed For Dynamic StartupSharedWorkshop
Biology Summer InternshipTarveda Therapeutics
American Bee Project Entomology InternshipThe American Bee Project
Computational Biology Research Camp for 8th - 12th Grade StudentsTSRI
Animal Care InternSonoma County Wildlife Rescue
Marine Science Educational InternshipSeacamp Association, Inc.
Laboratory TechnicianDialysa, LLC
Animal Care InternshipTiger Creek Wildlife Refuge
Organic Farming InternBookmark This
Young Women's IDEA
Posted: October 02 2016
Company Location: New Delhi, IL
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEduCARE India is an Indian NGO created in 1994 and working towards social and sustainable development. The NGO is implanted in several rural villages of Northern India with approximately 7 other interns in each village.
You should expect to implement projects that take food system needs of the village into consideration, whether through local food assessments, farmer surveys, or any other kind of qualitative or quantitative data collection. Getting creative past typical monoculture is key!
Depending on the location, several projects are currently ongoing such as: small scale greenhouse and tree/ayurveda plants nursery, work with local farmers to improve their productivity, security of farms against animals and higher income, work with organic/homemade fertilizer, pesticide solutions, soap nut tree nursery and planting for soap making.
This is an UNPAID internship but we offer various incentives: accommodation, SIM Card, work transportation and an amazing experience abroad surrounded by international people and local communities.
We currently have projects in Laddak, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
For more detailed information about our current projects and fieldwork, please visit our website and blog at:
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV and cover letter, including information regarding the duration of your intended stay and your field of interest.
• Create relationships with local farms and work with local Horticulture and Agriculture department.
• Raise plants and trees that are beneficial to EduCARE projects.
• Focus on the community needs.
• Collect data on or research the local food system.
• Contribute to a dynamic atmosphere of innovation.
• Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for individual project and the NGO strategy plan.
• Define goals and objectives of your project and manage all aspects of it.
• Produce the required documentation during your internship (it will be explained during the induction).
• Flexibility and self-motivation.
• Ability to work both on your own and as part of an international team.
• Ability to multitask and organize your work under minimal supervision and limited resources.
• Strong communications skills.
• Interest and motivation to collaborate with community and team members.
• Creative, open minded and positive manner facing challenges and unexpected events.
RequirementsMinimum stay of 3 months up to 18 months
Age between 18 and 35