Medical Device Mechanical Engineering InternBookmark This
Nalu Medical, Inc.
1525 Faraday Avenue, Suite 180
Posted: January 10 2017
Application Deadline: January 29, 2017
Position: Full-time, Paid
Timeframe: 01/30/17 — 07/14/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSeeking an eager biomedical/mechanical engineer interested in design, human factors, and reliability of wearable medical devices. Focus will be on the development of requirements, design, usability, testing, and DFM for an interrelated family of medical devices. The candidate shall be comfortable speaking technically with a multidisciplinary team, suppliers, and contract manufacturers to help establish a production solution for an integral part of Nalu's overall system.
Candidates ranging from undergraduate to post-doc are welcome to apply.
Compensation is competitive and associated with work experience and degree level.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will be diverse and fast paced. Candidates will be integrated within a small dedicated mechanical development team within a start-up environment.
Performance of duties will be on-site for approximately 40 hours/week at Nalu's Carlsbad, CA headquarters.
- Biomedical and/or Mechanical Engineering degree (applicants from other disciplines may be considered)
- Strong research abilities
- Willingness to be hand-on with prototyping and testing of devices
- CAD experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- Medical device (or equivalent quality system) experience
- Materials knowledge including plastics, adhesives, PCBs
- Manufacturing knowledge including molding, machining, forming, mechanical assembly
- Mechanical drawing preparation (GD&T, tolerance stacks, etc.)
SkillsRequired - CAD, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering Drawings, Mechanical Design
Preferred - Medical Devices, Solidworks, Plastics, GD&T, PCB design, Adhesives