Minneapolis - Business Development, Sales and MarketingCapital Performance, Inc.
Chicago area - Business Development, Sales and MarketingCapital Performance, Inc.
Dallas area - Business Development, Sales and MarketingCapital Performance, Inc.
Business Development InternshipTrepic, LLC
Business AnalystSCM data
Business AnalystBookmark This
Cyber Resource Group Inc
DescriptionThe Sr. IT Business Analyst is responsible for participating in the planning, development, maintenance, and enhancement of the functional areas of application packages. They are assigned to project teams within an assigned business unit and utilize various client/server platforms. Individuals collaborate with company customers, staff, IT and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options. They must be able to assess business objectives and design business processes in such a way that they may be effectively modeled, configured and measured within the package application environment. Individuals must be able to communicate the application package capabilities and possibilities to designated functional areas, while seeking ways to collaborate with IT members to facilitate transition to and support of the application package.
Responsibilities- Provide business analysis and process design expertise in one or more functional areas (finance, accounting, sales, engineering, manufacturing, etc.) within the enterprise in the analysis and redesign of application package functions and processes
- Formulate and define application scope and objectives and devise/modify procedures to solve business problems
- Communicate application package capabilities/possibilities within one or more functional areas
- Specify and validate reporting universes
- Specify, develop, and validate business reports
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support efforts
- Lead small projects or regularly coach other project personnel to ensure functionality is developed in a way that complies with business requirements, architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Monitor and report on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Prepare, coordinate, and execute appropriate unit (functional), integration and volume tests to ensure successful implementation and support efforts
- Facilitate user testing with business partners to validate scope and functionality
Requirements- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Business Administration with an emphasis in a specific functional area or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- At least five years of experience in relevant functional area, two years of experience with application package modules, and one package implementation
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques and cross-functional experience
- Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures
- Experience with software unit and integration testing
- Thorough business understanding in one or more functional areas, as well as an understanding of the organization’s industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Good project management skills, operating as part of a team organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks