Business Development InternshipBookmark This
HUB SOMA, 901 Mission St, Suite 105/B11
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionBe part of the founding team of the ODE!
ODE is for dictionaries what Wikipedia is for encyclopedias.
LearnThat Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, manages two programs:
1 - LearnThatWord.org, a comprehensive online vocabulary solution, and
2 - the new Open Dictionary of English (ODE), an online, wiki-based dictionary with focus on information conducive to learning (usage samples, video, images, audio from around the world, forum, etc.)
Location: HUB SOMA, 901 Mission St, Suite 105, San Francisco, CA 94103,
The Hub is an open office community of social entrepreneurs. You will attend regular meetings and work independently, yet collaboratively, within the team. You need to be proactive, organized, and good at following up and communicating.
LearnThat Foundation also considers virtual work arrangements.
Your weekly work hours, internship duration, and working hours are flexible. Your schedule will be developed jointly. Rolling Deadlines
We are looking for great relationship builders with a passion for language and education who enjoy connecting with others. This internship is on volunteer basis, yet we pay our interns the same generous commission we offer our independent sales force. Intern may choose to remain in our sales team independently after the internship is over.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: Wide variety of projects using the Web, phone, social media platforms, databases, etc. Creativity welcome!
* Chooses a sales channel and specializes in serving this audience.
* Develops concepts and pitches to get the attention of potential clients.
* Translates these concepts into strategies, and shares lessons learned with the team
* Executes campaigns and tracks results.
* Participates in meetings and brainstorming sessions as needed.
* Commits to complete the full follow up cycle via multiple touch points.
* Any campaign and activity is clearly documented, including actions taken and conversations using Salesforce (training provided).
* Occasionally helps to prepare mailings (most communication is done online)
* Starts conversations, follows up, spreads the word, builds relationships.
RequirementsSkills: You should be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a marketing or business related program. You are outgoing and eloquent, and have a vibrant interest in selling through relationships. You are curious, creative, and eager to learn. Current students will preferably have at least sophomore standing.
* Able to establish a value-based conversation with prospects and clients.
* Understands the concept of building sales through relationships, incl. experience with social media. Eager to learn and build winning strategies for the chosen sales channel.
* Passionate about our goals and mission and able to successfully share it with prospects and clients,
* Solid computer skills, secure command of the English language.