Business Development InternshipBookmark This
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
45th and 3rd Avenue
New York, NY
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) was founded in 1967 and is supported solely by individual, foundation, and corporate contributions. CCFA is dedicated to helping people with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, chronic digestive disorders of the intestines, through education, support, and funding research.
CCFA is an established non-profit foundation with a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator. The Foundation is the largest private funder of Inflammatory Bowel Disease research, with more than $200 million invested in research programs since its inception.
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is currently seeking an intern to assist our Business Development (BD) department. Focused on creating new revenue streams for the Foundation, the BD department works to identify new individual donors, foster relationships with pharmaceutical and other industry partners, and create innovative ideas to fund both research and education-based mission activities. A relatively new department, the BD department consists of a team of six core individuals and liaises closely with a development team of three. Working closely together, these teams are responsible for raising significant revenue for the Foundation’s activities.
Through this unpaid internship, the selected individual will gain valuable knowledge about non-profit relationship management, partnerships with third parties, and how to communicate effectively across various internal departments and external prospects. A weekly meal stipend will be provided to the individual hired for this position.
To apply please click on the link below and send your resume and cover letter to Ashley Deplitch. Please include your desired hours and your potential commitment period to the CCFA (i.e. 4 months; 6 months; 1 year, etc.).
• Assist in identifying and researching prospective donors
• Drafting and revising program proposals
• Creating presentations to showcase current research and educational programs
• Coordinating and prioritizing BD projects
• Providing executive assistance to the BD Team on an as needed basis
• Proficient in basic MS Office Suite; experience with PPT and Excel especially desired
• Superior writing skills
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and track and report progress
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work a minimum of 15 flexible hours per week
• Preference will be given to applicants who are able to commit to at least 4 months with the CCFA