Business Development / Sales InternBookmark This
500 7th Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY
DescriptionWe are a highly unusual company in that our flagship project is a live sketch comedy show (Blogologues.org) in which we perform the internet. That said, we are tired of the traditional arts model, which relies heavily on grants and fundraising, followed by spending all the money on a production and beginning again. We seek to find a new model for the arts, both in terms of the material presented and the prevailing business structure.
As a result, we have begun to feature sponsored content, product placement and more in our live shows, and we teach a steadily growing number of workshops in which we apply the principles used in Blogologues to corporate settings. We are searching for, ideally, an MBA candidate who is passionate about business development, but has a secret soft spot for the arts, and would really value the opportunity to hit the ground running, so to speak, and dramatically grow the business side of a small arts organization. Though we're looking for an MBA candidate, undergrads are welcome to apply. We strongly recommend browsing blogologues.org before applying.
We have listed this as a paid internship, which at this juncture means that we're open to commissions or a similar model.
Responsibilities- Provide research on potential and existing clients and the competitive landscape;
- Use LinkedIn and other tools to identify potential sponsors and workshop prospects;
- Make cold calls/emails to prospects with appropriate follow-up and development of materials;
- Assist in brainstorming creative offerings specific to each client;
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects.
Requirements- Ability to collaborate effectively while being extremely independent and proactive, with an eagerness to bring his/her own ideas and expertise to the table;
- An interest in helping to develop overarching strategies as well as the day-to-day implementation;
- Experience cultivating prospects and leads and interfacing with clients;
- Proficiency in presentation tools as well as social media channels;
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills, and a propensity for thinking out-of-the-box (nothing is too weird for us);
- Pursuing an MBA;
- Design skills a plus.