Business/Technology InternshipBookmark This
880 Technology Drive
Ann Arbor, MI
DescriptionYou like to figure things out. You're friendly. You love to help. Just add our training and you'll be ready to succeed in this rewarding internship program!
Location: 880 Technology Drive, Ann Arbor, MI
Type of position: Internship - 40 hours/week plus overtime
What will I learn?
Through our training program and hands-on practice you will learn:
- How to troubleshoot software problems, printing issues, system setup options and internet connectivity
- Effective communication techniques for the business environment
- How to think on your feet
- What it takes to be a successful member of our staff
- One tax or accounting applications - 100 of the top 100 accounting firms use our software
When does the internship occur?
There are multiple sessions and you'll indicate which ones you are available for during the application process. Note that you will work whole days Monday through Friday and overtime in all sessions.
- Fall/Winter Session
September 22, 2014 – April 17, 2015
- Winter Session
December 22, 2014 – April 17, 2015
What about the work environment?
Here is how some of our recent interns describe it:
- Challenging and supportive, professional yet relaxed, fast-paced and inspiring
- All the employees are friendly, helpful and approachable. Everyone works together from intern to trainer to manager
- Every day brings something new, and there's someone nearby to guide and assist you when you need it
- The employees work hard to be the best at what they do, but they can also laugh and have fun
Fast facts about the program:
- You'll start with 3-4 weeks of comprehensive, paid training in our Ann Arbor office
- Most interns do not take classes during the program due to its demanding nature, however an online or evening class could be accommodated
- This internship prepares you for a career in many professions - in an accounting firm, at Thomson Reuters or in other business or technology companies
- Many of our full time staff got their start in this program and built successful careers in Product Support, Sales, Product Development, Helpdesk, Technology Infrastructure and other areas of Thomson Reuters
Please apply at http://jobs.thomsonreuters.com/job/Ann-Arbor-BusinessTechnology-Intern-Job-MI-48103/36632100/
ResponsibilitiesWhat type of work will I do?
- Answer customer’s questions on how to use our software
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Talk with accountants and tax practitioners from all over the country
- Discuss complex issues with senior members of our staff
- Attend meetings relevant to your product
-Strong verbal communication skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic to learn
- Desire to help others
-Knowledge of computer navigation functions
-Willing and able to work overtime with a varied work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Available to work for whole-day increments Monday through Friday
- Able to work in our Ann Arbor, MI office
- Demonstrated success working in customer service
- Coursework or experience with accounting, computers, information systems, or other technology or business disciplines
- Prior experience with business software
- Bilingual English/Spanish
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.