Business Development & Administration InternGenius In Motion
Los Angeles - Business Development, Sales and MarketingCapital Performance, Inc.
Houston - Business Development, Sales and MarketingCapital Performance, Inc.
DC Area - Business Development, Sales and MarketingCapital Performance, Inc.
Entry Level Business Analyst.Tekerp
Client Acquisition & CommunicationsBookmark This
Grady, Wright & Associates Inc.
7310 Ritchie Highway Suite 213
Glen Burnie, MD
DescriptionGrady, Wright & Associates, Inc. is a full-service, minority women owned and controlled independent agency where we specialize in property and casualty protection for both business and personal needs.
Headquartered in Glen Burnie, MD, we are MBE certified by the state of Maryland, Baltimore City, Prince Georges and Howard counties. We are active members of the Independent Insurance Agents of Maryland (BIG I), the National African-American Insurance Association (NAAIA), and the local Chamber of Commerce.
Disproving the “Internship in Insurance” Myths
o You will be cold calling potential clients the entire time you’re with us – FALSE! While client acquisition may be a part of your internship (because it’s a part of insurance) we will not have you sifting through phone books calling random people asking them if they want to purchase our insurance.
o INSURANCE IS BORING! – well that can be true at times, but your job and internship experience are what you make it and even more than that, it’s about the people you work with. At GWA we enjoy what we do, and we put our clients’ needs first, but that doesn’t stop us from having a little fun once in a while.
o You will be selling insurance – FALSE! A common misconception associated with insurance internships is that the company only has you there to sell insurance – we don’t. While you will be exposed to the selling process and have responsibilities for the preparation of information for our agents, you will not have to sell anything. We couldn’t imagine putting you through that much boredom.
What Makes our Program so Unique?
Simply put, YOU GET EVERYTHING!
• As a small agency, you will have access to the ladies that started it all. Both of the founders of the company work in the very same atmosphere, so you will be afforded the opportunity to gain first-hand Entrepreneurial Experience.
• You will be exposed to Every Area of the business, including:
o Client Acquisition
o Administrative work
o Marketing & communications
o Human Resources
o Customer Service
• We make sure that we provide you with opportunities that will leave you with samples of Your Own Work. These make great “leave behinds” for job interviews.
• Depending on your commute, we also provide Transportation Reimbursement.
• We host an Exit Interview with you when your internship concludes. We want you to be as successful as possible, therefore, we provide you with tips on resume building, cover letter composition and interview tips that will help you snag that dream job once you graduate.
• WE HIRE INTERNS! What intern doesn’t want a job right after graduation with a company that they have already built a relationship with?
• We also allow former interns to Intern Again!
ResponsibilitiesAs probably the most crucial area of insurance, Client Acquisition & Communications allows the intern to experience how we obtain new clients, strategies and tactics we use to close the sale, how we communicate with potential clients, etc. This program will include:
• The components of policy quoting
• Proper protocol for communicating with a new client
• Market research and development
• Strategies and tactics used to incite interest from potential clients
• Provide ongoing support to the sales team.
• Follow up strategies when communicating with existing clients.
• Process for establishing policy renewals
• How to update and maintain internal management system
• Provide ongoing support to the Administrative staff.
• Create and distribute internal company documents.
• Create promotional documents including: brochures, informational packets and newsletters.
• Conduct research for and strategically plan company-sponsored seminars and events.
TO APPLY, SEND YOUR RESUME TO JADA.HUDSON@GRADYWRIGHT.COM
RequirementsIn order to be eligible for our internship program, students must satisfy the following requirements:
• Be enrolled full time in an accredited college or university and able to provide proof
• Be a junior or senior with at least a 3.0 GPA
• Be at least 18 years or older
• Majors in: Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications and Mathematics is preferred
We offer a 12-16 week, un-paid and for college credit internship program during fall and summer semesters. We do accept spring and winter interns, but it is dependent on the needs of the supervisor in the specified department at that time.