Internship available for students in Advertising, Digital media and SalesSBC
Stats and Analytics InternSocial Boston Sports
Boston - Business Development, Sales and MarketingCapital Performance, Inc.
Atlanta - Business Development, Sales and MarketingCapital Performance, Inc.
Communications ManagerBookmark This
North Quabbin Chamber of Commerce
251 Exchange Street
DescriptionThe North Quabbin Chamber of Commerce is seeking a motivated and skilled individual to manage its media communications including website updates, digital and print newsletter, social media and press releases. The Chamber represents over 180 businesses in the region which includes the towns of Athol, Erving, New Salem, Orange, Petersham, Phillipston, Royalston, Warwick and Wendell Massachusetts. The work environment includes an intern office space and the atmosphere is open and engaging. The Chamber currently has four employees. The successful candidate will be given latitude to create and manage media materials on their own with guidance from the Executive Director and the Director of Tourism. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook as well as using WordPress for web updates are necessary. Proficiency with Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are a plus. An eye for visual design aesthetics is preferred.
The staff of the North Quabbin Chamber of Commerce is engaging, professional and patient. The work environment is friendly, encouraging and instructive. Interns will not be making coffee or sweeping. This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain valuable experience, knowledge and exposure. While not required, attendance at Chamber social functions and events is welcome and can provide the successful candidate with excellent networking for future employment.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work
- Integrate media releases between Website, Facebook, Twitter, Goggle+, YouTube, digital & print newsletters, press releases and Constant Contact campaigns.
Requirements- Possess skills at following directives, initiating innovative ideas, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Has the ability to be self starting, meet deadlines and excel in a professional office environment.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills and be comfortable making cold calls to acquire information