Business Development / Sales InternLe Monde Management
Business Consulting/Research and AnalysisProject STARFISH America
Business Management / Marketing and Advertising Paid InternshipLaunch Local, Inc
Business Development InternshipPreApps.com
Marketing and Sales Internship with Software Company in NYCBuilding Intelligence Inc.
Dance School Office Management InternBookmark This
LULA WASHINGTON DANCE THEATRE
3773 CRENSHAW BLVD
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionThe Lula Washington Dance Theatre is seeking an Office Management Intern for its school of dance. This is an inner city, modern dance school on Crenshaw Boulevard. The school serves children ages 7 and up, with classes in the evenings and on Saturdays. Looking for interns who can work evenings and Saturdays. The intern will manage the enrollment of students, the tracking of students taking classes, and will maintain communication with students via a dance school software program called Studio Manager. This person will also be responsible for assisting our Associate Director with program support. The ideal candidate lives in or near Los Angeles; has a car; has experience as a cashier; has experience doing reconciliation of funds received; and has GREAT customer service and people skills. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP.
Responsibilities- Answering phones/filing/copying
- Operating the Studio Manager program
- Reconciliation of daily earnings
- Doing daily enrollment and earnings reports
- Enrolling and tracking students
- Will use the Studio Manager software program to track students.
- Data input
- Intake from students
- Updating documents
- Interfacing with parents, students, renters, teachers, and admin staff
- Talking to the public about dance classes
- Helping to manage the dance studio and youth performance ensemble/children’s performance ensemble
- Assisting Associate Director in facilitating school partnerships and outreach events
- Drafting correspondence to partnering schools and companies
- Helping to coordinate, manage, and facilitate out 2014 summer programs
RequirementsMust have a car and live near the dance studio.
Must have strong office, clerical, and administrative skills. A huge part of the job will be data input.
Looking for someone who may want to stay in this field. Older people are welcome.
College students who want to work in non-profit management, or, in dance school management, are welcome.
Experience in sales, customer service, and reconciliation of daily earnings.
Excellent communication, written, and interpersonal skills.
Must be a creative self-starter with the ability to work independently and learn quickly.
Must be positive, upbeat, and outgoing.
Must be able to work from late afternoon (4 pm to 9 pm).
A passion for the arts or non-profit organizations is a plus.