Group Sales InternshipBookmark This
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
One South Broad Street 14th floor
DescriptionThe Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an internship opportunity in our Marketing department with Group Sales. The POA values all of our interns and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Our interns should be ready and eager to learn new skills and bring with them maturity, discretion and flexibility.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• Develop a strong understanding of The POA’s group segments, and the approaches to building the group patron base.
• While working with Group Sales with market segment research, will gain an understanding of other ticket programs and initiatives run through the department.
• Gain exposure to the upcoming concert season, potential networking opportunities, ticketing, and general customer service.
• The details of marketing and communication campaigns with new and potential group clients, and gain substantial knowledge of our database systems.
• A general understanding of the entire marketing department.
What you will do:
1. Participate in the analysis of group ticket campaigns.
2. Research assigned market segments.
3. Assist group sales team with distribution and development of group sales marketing materials.
4. Develop understanding of student ticket and Young Friends marketing initiatives, with extra emphasis on eZseatU program.
RequirementsWhat we require:
1. Completion of a minimum of 2 to 3 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2. Good communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused, and customer service oriented.
3. Strong writing and project management skills.
4. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet research.
6. Able to commit to approximately 14-20 hours per week of time with availability some evenings and weekends for concert and/or event duty.
7. Interest or experience in sales, marketing and statistical analysis a plus.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter with 2 writing samples to: email@example.com
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107