International Merchandising Internship - Summer 2014Bookmark This
Destination Maternity Corp
456 North 5th Street
DescriptionDestination Maternity Corporation is the world's largest designer and retailer of maternity apparel. In the United States and Canada, as of September 30, 2013, Destination Maternity operates 1,907 retail locations, including 596 stores, predominantly under the tradenames Motherhood Maternity®, A Pea in the Pod®, and Destination Maternity®, and 1,311 leased department locations, and sells on the web through its DestinationMaternity.com and brand-specific websites. Destination Maternity also distributes its Oh Baby by Motherhood® collection through a licensed arrangement at Kohl's® stores throughout the United States and on Kohls.com. In addition, Destination Maternity has international store franchise and product supply relationships in the Middle East, South Korea and Mexico. As of September 30, 2013, Destination Maternity has 143 international franchised locations, including 123 shop-in-shop locations and 20 Destination Maternity branded stores.
Destination Maternity is a publicly traded company traded on the (Nasdaq Global Market (Nasdaq: DEST).
We are currently looking for an International Merchandising Intern who demonstrates a passion for our specialty business, a desire to learn through hands on experience, and a proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with pending deadlines. This is a great opportunity for a student who is self-motivated, ambitious, and a team player.
Responsibilities- Entering information into international line sheets.
- Assisting merchandisers with daily responsibilities.
- Requesting all samples from the warehouse.
- Run reports to look at inventory and selling.
- Organizing and filing daily reports.
- Checking in all new samples, mailing samples out, faxing, and filing.
- Put together information packs for international partners as necessary, including fabric books, color cards, etc.
- Organize assortment changes and updates.
Requirements- Current student working towards a degree in Business or a related field.
- Strong proofreading and time-management skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Candidates should be computer literate and have basic knowledge of the fashion and retail industries.