Management and Operations InternBookmark This
Garden of Knowledge Day Care & Learning Center
1657 Nostrand Ave
DescriptionGarden of Knowledge Day Care & Learning Center exists to provide a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for toddler, preschool, and school age children. Our goal is to support each child’s desire to be life-long learners; focusing to provide a high quality stimulating early care and educational experience which promotes each child’s social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems either manually or using a computer.
• Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
• Answer phones, greet walk-in visitors and patrons.
• Assist with coordinating, planning, scheduling, and implementing existing programs and events.
Facility Operations and Maintenance:
• Must follow proper office procedures, phone protocol, operational record keeping, and other paperwork procedures used daily.
• Coordinate supplies and equipment needed for day to day operation, programs and events.
• Manage, organize, and coordinate office supplies including ordering supplies as needed.
• Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Must have computer skills including internet research and using Microsoft Office.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively over the phone and in person.
• Must have confidence and a can-do attitude concerning all tasks.
• Must have good memory and the ability to learn quickly and adapt accordingly.
• Requires consistent communication, concentration, judgment, and writing ability.
• Must have a good sense of humor.
Students who participate in this internship must exhibit professionalism and will be a role model for other interns, students, and professionals. In addition, they must maintain an appropriate dress and appearance, attendance and timeliness, as well as exceptional professionalism, adhering to established policies.