Marketing, Communications and Business InternshipBookmark This
Progressive Business Publications
370 Technology Drive
DescriptionYour Future Starts Here.
Do you want to be a glorified barista or gopher this summer? Not many of us want this.
Do you want to build your marketable skills, hands-on business knowledge, professional network, and a possible career path after graduation? Who wouldn’t!
This full time, top-quality, paid internship offers you the opportunity to be empowered and doing, not just observing. You’ll work side-by-side with business and marketing professionals as well as product managers whose work impacts multiple business divisions daily. As you develop the skills to thrive in a high-performance, results driven organization you’ll identify cutting-edge information needs for current and future products.
We want you if you have a desire to develop the following skills:
• Business and Market research for current product position and new product development
• All facets of B2B email and web marketing from concept to completion
• Copywriting for current email and web marketing programs
• Data analysis, interpretation, testing and presentation to drive results
• Project management
Plus, you’ll gain a strong and useful understanding of basic business operations and structure in practice as you not only watch, but contribute in, business goals being achieved by a highly successful, private company. This is a real future-building experience for you, not the typical lower level tasks that interns are usually asked to do.
You should apply if you are:
• A motivated student entering your senior year, or will just be completing your 4-year degree
• Interested in building a career in Marketing
• Looking for a unique, diverse internship that involves you many key aspects of our business
About our Internship Program:
Our collaborative annual program for summer interns is a valuable and engaging experience; interns work in a collegial office setting, side-by-side with Marketing professionals who train them “hands-on” in the various aspects of marketing/advertising/copywriting for email and the web, customer and market research, and campaign tracking and analysis. For some of our interns it has proven to become a future career after graduation. Part of each intern’s responsibility is to determine if they would like to pursue a future career with PBP.
ResponsibilitiesWe are currently recruiting Business, Marketing and Communications interns for the following divisions
• Online Education (executive, certificate, and continuing education)
• Media (advertising and lead generation)
• Webinar & Audio Conferences (executive and continuing education)
• Gifts & Incentives (promotional products)
• Product Marketing (newsletters)
After intern candidates are selected for interviews we provide more details on the divisions, managers, and potential experience in that division.
About Progressive Business Publications:
Progressive Business Publications (PBP) is a leading B2B, diversified business information provider. We have quietly built a unique, customer-focused company that serves about 150,000 companies of all sizes – including the entire Fortune 1000.
PBP is a high-performance, non-political, non-bureaucratic company with an emphasis on continuous learning and long-term thinking. PBP is a recognized industry leader in transforming its business from traditional print to web-based revenue streams.
We love to empower our people to achieve excellence and we provide an excellent work environment. Not only do we provide a strong, well-rounded intern experience, but there are frequent opportunities for our interns to be considered for full-time work at our successful company. PBP is located in Malvern, PA – a western suburb of Philadelphia.
To learn more about our company visit our websites: http://www.progressivebusinesspublicationsinternships.com or http://www.pbpemployment.com
Please email cover letter and resume to InternMK@PBP.com or respond through internships.com
If you are studying or working overseas we are happy to arrange a phone interview.
RequirementsKey Skills and Requirements:
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and writing skills
• Technology related skills, aptitude, and interest – solid MS Office skills
• Interest in B2B, e-commerce, email and web marketing and the related analytics including Google Analytics. Prior experience preferred.
• Ability to communicate professionally with clarity, and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization
• Excellent work ethic
• Focus, enthusiasm, and a strong desire to succeed
• Motivated, self-starter, who can prioritize and multi-task
• Experience in Marketing, at the internship or academic level
• Solid academic record