Summer InternBookmark This
213 Court Street
DescriptionOverall Purpose and Main Objectives:
This 11 week Summer internship program will offer you the opportunity to work with Underwriting, Loss Control, Claims, and other departments throughout our company to help meet our customer’s needs. As an intern, you will be part of a team working on projects which include data mining, state analysis, analytical thinking, and developing and understanding competitor analysis. This internship program is based in our Middletown, Connecticut office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Orientation to company and insurance industry
• Working on projects as part of a team
• Participate in Underwriting and Distrubution Meetings
• Review Risk Control reports for exposures
• Participate in rating of policies
MiddleOak provides auto, home, umbrella, business, flood, watercraft and specialty insurance in selected states through Middlesex Mutual Assurance Company, formed in 1836, and Holyoke Mutual Insurance Company in Salem, founded in 1843
Policies are sold by excellent independent agencies that choose to represent us in the states in which we write business. These agencies are leaders in their market and value the knowledge, experience and service that we collaboratively bring to policyholders. MiddleOak agencies and policyholders understand that our commitment to Making Insurance Right® is the core value driving our business.
ResponsibilitiesDuring the 11 week program, you will spend each week in different department, learning more about the insurance industry and working on tasks for that department. In addition, you will be completing projects through the duration of the program.
Requirements• At least two years of college- currently a sophomore or junior
• Business or Liberal Arts Major
• Intermediate MS Office Skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills