Project Management InternshipRoosevelt Square Holdings
Surety Bond Renewal InternJW Surety Bonds
Business Development InternRadioActive Electronics
Film Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - Business majors welcomePES
AFLAC Sales & MarketingAFLAC
Paid Business Development Interngoabroadchina
Paid Global AmbassadorOnward LLC.
Art Dealer InternGe Hummer Group Corporation
Business Administration InternshipBookmark This
Edison Festival of Light
1524 Jackson Street
Fort Myers, FL
Posted: June 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Edison Festival of Light is seeking undergraduate and graduate students interested in gaining experience in a nonprofit environment. The Edison Festival of Light is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, organizes and promotes Southwest Florida’s largest festival. The Festival is a celebration of innovation, tradition, and education and takes place in February each year and consists of 22 events and involves a half million people.
The Business Administration Intern will report directly to the Executive Director of Development in areas of administrative support, program development and event logistics. This is an unpaid internship offered each session (fall, spring, and summer).
Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director of Development, the student will:
• Increase proficiency in specific business disciplines such as operations, communications and event planning;
• Develop and improve business skills in communication, technology, quantitative reasoning, and teamwork;
• Observe and participate in organization operations and decision-making;
• Engage with professional role models and potential mentors who can provide guidance, feedback, and support;
• Expand network of professional relationships and contacts;
• Develop and maintain a solid work ethic and professional demeanor, as well as a commitment to ethical conduct and social responsibility.
Please note: Due to budget constraints, Edison Festival of Light interns may need to have and bring in their own laptop computer (or a similar device such as a tablet, iPad, etc.) with appropriate software, to use during work hours. The work takes place in downtown Fort Myers.
Please e-mail a copy of your resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to email@example.com
Responsibilities• Provide support for meetings and events through collecting RSVPs, sending out emails, fielding phone calls and answering general public questions;
• Write and create documents such as reports, business letters, memos, presentations, and more;
• Assist with mailings and print production;
• Conduct effective internet research;
• Assist with events and office management tasks;
• Effectively communicate with all levels of staff and external audiences;
• Maintain consistent compliance with Edison Festival of Light Volunteer and Intern policies;
• Assist and facilitate staff on individual projects as necessary.
Requirements• Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• High degree of professionalism;
• Self-motivated, flexible, learns quickly, and possesses a high level of personal integrity;
• Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed;
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.