Office Internnational geographic
Business Analystnational geographic
Business AnalystFMA Intl Consulting Group, LLC
Internship - Private Equity Analyst InternPrevoyant Capital
(last week to apply) Management & Leadership DevelopmentCollege Works
(LAST WEEK TO APPLY) Marketing, Sales, & ManagementCollege Works
Intern needed for small pet sitting businessPet and Home Care
Experiential Marketing InternMRA
Business AnalystBookmark This
Posted: September 17 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWhoWhatWhy, an up-and-coming non-profit investigative and analytical news site that specializes in responsibly tackling the many subjects and stories the mainstream media shies away from, is looking for an Business Analyst. We don't promote a partisan angle or push predictable views. We do dig deep, think hard, read a lot of history, ask a lot of questions, steer clear of establishment or consensus journalism, and write up what we find with verve. It's interesting, cool, and meaningful work.
Responsibilities• Lead the elicitation and documentation of detailed project requirements.
• Work directly with the business subject matter expert (SME).
• Help communicate complex implementation concepts in an understandable way for other WhoWhatWhy team members.
• Act as the main point of contact for requirements or functional related project questions for all stakeholders.
• Link scope to requirements and acceptance criteria.
• Work with project team to identify and manage risk.
• Assist project managers with scoping, estimation, reporting, and communication as required.
Requirements• Undergraduate degree preferred but not required.
• 0-2 years of experience in a Business Analyst role.
• Experience working on software or process improvement projects.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded.
• Natural leader with ability to maintain multiple projects without compromising results.
• High energy, can-do attitude with willingness to do what it takes to get things done.
• Deep customer focus and experience with researching and determining customer needs.
• Comfortable working closely with remote teams.