Part-time Business Development CoordinatorPascale Communications
Business Administration - Entry Level - FT & Intern OpeningsMammoth Marketing, Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternAdvisalign
Event & Venue/ Business Development/ Sales & Marketing InternshipRoyal Solutions
Event & Venue Business Development / Sales & Marketing InternshipBlue Square Concepts
Entry Level - Sales & Marketing - PAID TRAININGLakeview Consultants
Business Development Internship (Winter 2016/Spring 2017)Braathe Enterprises
Business Development InternBookmark This
1401 Wilson Blvd.
Posted: August 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEMD Strategies is a management consulting firm with expertise in assisting private and public sector organizations to expand their share of the federal market. EMD Strategies utilizes their relationships built with small, mid, and large companies, as well as federal entities, to help their clients identify and win federal contracts.
EMD Strategies has developed proven business development and capture management processes and strategies to assist clients in penetrating and diversifying their portfolio within the federal market.
EMD Strategies is headquartered in the Washington, DC metro area and currently services multiple clients across the nation. Our portfolio of clients consist of businesses that have years of success within the Civilian, DoD and Intelligence markets.
The analyst supports the business development team with detailed research on federal procurements, contracts, and industry participants.
ResponsibilitiesRole and Responsibilities
• Use GovWin, FBO, FPDS and other resources to research opportunities listed on client pipelines
• Research may include identifying key industry players within an agency, points of contact within the government and industry, new opportunities for client pipelines, and incumbent contracts and government spending trends
• Maintain the Zoho database with updated information concerning acquisitions, teaming, meetings, and next steps
• Initiate industry discussions via introductory emails and calls
• Obtain acquisition progress and development details from the government via email and telephone
• Secure meetings with small business, contracting, and program representatives for clients
• Maintain the accuracy and relevancy of the information reported to clients
• Deliver assigned action items on time and with a high level of care and quality
• Serve as a liaison between clients and the government
• Identify leads for upcoming opportunities with appropriate Federal Government agencies
• Develop and position Clients for responding to appropriate government solicitation
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of various Federal purchasing vehicles (GSA schedules, IDIQs) and the federal procurement/acquisition forecast
• Actively pursue relationships with partnering firms in pursuit of federal business opportunities. Establish new long-term, highly visible partnerships with companies and other organizations that add value to Client pursuits and growth objectives
• Be responsible for the entire procurement process from Prospecting to Close
• Develop and maintain detailed and updated capabilities matrices for each target account to insure that the appropriate teaming partners are in place to competitively respond to proposals
• Establish long-term relationship with each prospect and customer to maximize future revenue opportunities
• Develop and promote relationships with contracting program and small business officers and other government officials