Project Management / E-Commerce InternL.G.G.S., LLC (Little Giants | Giants Shorties)
Marketing InternVolition Beauty
Paid Internship in Sales, Marketing and PR.Luxmgmt. Group, Inc.
LUX IS SEEKING GOAL ORRIENTED/COMPETETIVE INDIVUALS!!!!Luxmgmt. Group, Inc.
Marketing InternDecArte Interiors
Business Development / Sales InternCitadel Insurance Services, LC
Business Development / Sales InternDrop The Keez
Business Development InternBookmark This
Susan G. Komen North Texas
6130 W. Parker Road
Posted: May 13 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Susan G. Komen® and Komen North Texas
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen and launched the global breast cancer movement. Susan G. Komen North Texas is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Through events like the Komen North Texas Plano Race for the Cure, Komen North Texas has invested $10 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in Collin, Cooke, Denton, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Montague and Wise Counties. Of the net proceeds Komen North Texas raises, 75 percent is invested in North Texas. The remaining 25 percent goes to the national Susan G. Komen Grants Program to fund scientific research. For more information, call 972-378-4808 or visit komennorthtexas.org.
The role of the business development intern is to support the business development team for Komen North Texas.
Responsibilities• Serve as a secondary point of contact for the business development team on Affiliate fundraising and sponsorship activities.
• Return phone calls and e-mails to communicate on behalf of the development team as directed.
• Evaluate data from excel spreadsheets.
• Conduct research on corporate prospects for Race and Ride sponsorships, corporate grants, and relationships.
• Interface with prospective sponsors, existing sponsors, and other donors through email, social media and telephone.
• Establish initial contact with businesses, restaurants, and individuals regarding Third Parties, Dine Out for the Cure, and Passionately Pink events.
• Other office and administrative projects in support of the Business Development Director.
• Other duties as assigned by the Komen North Texas staff.
Requirements• Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university with a major or minor in business, communications, economics or organization development.
• An interest in and commitment to Susan G. Komen’s Promise to end breast cancer forever and to the 8 counties served by the North Texas Affiliate's vision and its strategic plan.
• Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable interacting with a variety of communities, individuals and volunteers.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to quickly learn web based applications.
• Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and complete various tasks that will differ day to day.
• Creative thinker, self-motivated, with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible and adjust to changing priorities.
• Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks and adapt to readily changing situations.