Production Assistant NeededTracks Production Inc
BusinessArmstrong World Industries, Inc
Insurance ExternshipProSight Specialty Insurance
Entrepreneur Associate InternPahRoo
Team Leader / Management TraineeInfinite Promotional Solutions
looking for intern (bilingual)integrity solar
Tired of same old office job?The Great Awakening
Community LeaderBookmark This
Bir Ventures USA Ltd
Posted: April 23 2017
Company Location: Minneapolis, MN
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIf starting up your own business is an exciting idea for you, this internship is the perfect match.
Learn how to take an innovative idea and convert it into a business.
Learn how to become a leader and expert in community development.
Become a founder of a campaign that can bring you recognition, influence and rewards.
Help people in starting up their innovative businesses.
Started in 2012, Bir Ventures offers world’s largest virtual incubation platform, www.ideagist.com, to 340 communities worldwide, supporting innovation and entrepreneurship. IdeaGist is a collaboration and networking platform for entrepreneurs, investors, service providers and experienced advisors/mentors. We offer a step by step process to work on innovative ideas.
As an intern, you will take the full ownership of developing an IdeaGist metro level community in one of the 340 top cities worldwide. In your role as a Community Leader, you will be required to connect with organizations in your assigned city, collect data, and manage an online community. You will invite business leaders in the city to support young entrepreneurs by becoming a mentor on the site. You will also invite students to join the community to get real life experience by working in a startup or by joining an idea team.
Please visit https://www.ideagist.com and make sure that you join the platform before applying and complete the getting started video.
This Internship requires 10 hours per week minimum commitment and interns must attend one weekly meeting with the coach.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Collaborates with youth development, economic development and entrepreneurship development organizations in the city
- Invites business leaders and successful entrepreneurs from the city to become mentors and advisors on the city community site
- Invites local businesses to list their companies and services on your city site
- Scouts innovative ideas from other sites and feature them on your city site
- Encourages people to complete their profiles
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Submits a weekly and monthly progress report
- Provides a monthly timesheet and get them approved by the supervisor. Without approved timesheets, experience certificates will not be issued
Requirements- Out of the box thinker with an interest in making the world a better place through positive change
- Understands the philosophy and mission of www.ideagist.com. Please join the global site and learn more about it.
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Ability to work independently with curiosity and innovation
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Make a commitment of minimum 10 hours a week and must attend the weekly meeting with the coach.