- Internships /
- Business /
- IMMEDIATE OPENING for Senior Grant Writers and Assistant Grant Writers (virtual)
Business Development InternGLYD
BusIness AnalystHANKOOK TIRE COMPANY
Film Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - Business majors welcomePES
Northwestern Mutual Fall InternshipNorthwestern Mutual
Entrepreneurial Internship - Business Development and Strategy ConsultingVenture Aviator
Make up to $10,000 in two months this FallOctane Athletic Performance
Public Relations InternThe Ultimate Bake Shoppe of Wayne
Business Development / Sales InternMESA LABORATORIES
IMMEDIATE OPENING for Senior Grant Writers and Assistant Grant Writers (virtual)Bookmark This
BGCM Community Center & Sportsplex
37 Vanderburg Rd
Posted: June 15 2017
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBGCM! (Because God Chose Me!) Community Center & Sportsplex, is a 501c3 nonprofit academic, arts & athletic center for youth & families founded on Christian principles, and is dedicated to instilling in each member that they have been specifically chosen by God to do magnificent things! We specialize in improving the self esteem of youth and families in surrounding suburban as well as underrepresented and underprivileged communities. We promote integrity and stewardship, and offer an innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
We are seeking a SUPER FANTASTIC employees who will produce work that will directly affect the growth of our organization while also gaining experience in areas which are important to you.
Benefits of working with BGCM:
• Gain professional work experience, while also meeting personal/professional goals.
• Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact.
• Learn about the industry from all levels of BGCM management.
• Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment.
• For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements.
• Room for growth is available.
ResponsibilitiesSenior Grant Writer:
• Will manage and provide guidance to Assistant Grant Writers and the Grant Writing Team.
• Will provide essential direction, and contribute your expertise in the grant writing process while allowing these groups to work with minimal supervision.
• Supervised groups will be responsible for gathering data for the development of grant application strategies; drafting and producing grant proposals; developing corporate and foundation grant funding goals and priorities, and coordinate those strategies and lead efforts to achieve those goals..
• You will assist the groups in finding agencies or organizations that align with the goals of BGCM, and assist them in both prioritizing and submitting these proposals to potential donors.
In this part-time volunteer position, we are seeking an experienced Grant Writer who has a history of success. Applicant must have exceptional research and communication skills and must be highly organized. You must also have the ability to write clearly and persuasively. Leadership skills are a must. Please submit your resume and cover letter with a list of grants you have applied for and their level of success.
Assistant Grant Writer:
• Follow direction of Sr. Grant Writer to gather data for the development of grant application strategies, and draft and produce grant proposals.
• Research, retrieve, and assemble background material for grant proposals, develop annual corporate and foundation grant funding goals and priorities, and follow strategies to achieve goals.
• Follow specific priorities for grant proposals according to BGCM goals.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Requirements- THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST: Email references and resume to email@example.com and visit www.bgcme.org to learn more about our organization.
1. The right candidate may be asked to start immediately.
2. Enrollment in a certificate or Bachelors/Masters degree program in grant writing, communications, English, business, finance, non-profit management, is a plus, or must be able to demonstrate related knowledge and experience.
3. Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent computer and strong analytical/critical thinking skills.
4. Independent, open-minded, enthusiastic, adaptable, self-motivated and ability to stay on task and work independently.
5. Welcome new challenges, come up with fresh ideas and future focus, and be able to work in a fast paced environment in a deadline-oriented environment.
6. Demonstrates ability to work effectively on several projects simultaneously; must be able to analyze and prioritize and achieve short and long term goals.
7. Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; Strong time-management, organizational, and internet research skills.
8. Ability to gather and analyze available data/information and draw logical conclusions; effectively communicate results verbally and in writing.
PREFERRED ABILITIES FOR SENIOR GRANT WRITER:
1. Demonstrated ability to develop programmatic budgets and outcome measurement frameworks
2. Demonstrated experience working with board members and volunteers
3. Possess a complete understanding of contracts and grants
4. Knowledge of and strong relationships with current and prospective funders
5. At least two years of progressively responsible fundraising experience, with demonstrated success in contributor cultivation, event sponsorships, grant writing, and corporate solicitation, is a major plus
6. Knowledge of the local philanthropic community
7. Experience working in a diverse community
CORE COMPETENCIES (General): Collaboration, Communication: Oral & Written, Ethics & Integrity, Fostering Diversity, Social Justice Advocacy, Discernment/Judgment, Adaptability
CORE COMPETENCIES (Leadership): Achieving Measurable Results, Organizational Awareness, Decision Making
COMPENSATION: Position will begin as an unpaid internship; unless and until sufficient funding is acquired. Internship position may transition into a permanent part-time or full-time paid position within the organization. Tremendous room for growth is available.