Business Development Intern - PAID (Baton Rouge, LA)Course Hero, Inc.
Entrepreneurship / Management InternshipCambridge Realty Group
International Business Internship or FellowshipElevate Global
Real estate Company looking for interns - Business majors welcomeReal Estate
MBA InternTrans Bay Cable
Business Development / Sales InternOSI
Business and Events InternshipOviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
International Professional Training and Development InternBookmark This
International Business Academy
Posted: November 12 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLocation: Guatemala City, Guatemala (Central America)
Internship Description: This innovative development and professional training program is designed for university and masters students or recent graduates looking to both TRAVEL and gain valuable INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE abroad. Interns will participate in the launching of an online start-up program, which provides professional business, English and Spanish training to international clientele. In addition, they will have the opportunity to explore Guatemala, work with local Guatemalan companies, receive Spanish and professional development courses from IBA training specialists, and take courses at a local university.
• Housing and transportation provided with a program fee
• Provides a monthly stipend to cover small costs such as food, travel, etc.
• Additional compensation including trips to top Guatemalan tourist destinations for sales related assignments
• Need university credit? Ask about opportunities to take business courses at a local, Guatemalan university or use this program for university credit.
• For more information about IBA, check out our website at http://www.ibagua.biz and Facebook page.
• Opportunity to travel and explore Guatemala. Visit Guatemala’s national tourism page to learn more: http://www.visitguatemala.com/en
Housing and Transportation Fee (Optional)
Program cost includes housing, Spanish and professional development courses, and transportation to the IBA office and client locations. The cost will vary depending on the amount of time you participate. Below is the fee per person.
• 3 months: $1650
• 4 months: $2150
• 5 months: $2600
• 6 months: $3100
*If you choose not to take the program fee, you will be responsible for finding your own housing and transportation
• Complete the IBA business teacher training program
• Provide 1 hour professional business English training courses at local Guatemalan companies 4-5 times per week
• Participate in the launching of an online business training program, giving 2 hour training courses daily Monday-Friday
• Independent work assignments related to accounting and finance, marketing sales and research, website design, online marketing, e-business, etc. Assignments are provided to interns based on experience and ability.
• Daily beginning, intermediate, and advanced Spanish courses taught by IBA trainers
• Building relationships with local Guatemalan companies
• Weekly professional development training given by IBA professionals previous company CEOs
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) training course
RequirementsWhat are we looking for?
• Enthusiastic 3rd-4th year undergraduate business students and MBA students and recent college graduates
• Must be willing to live 3-6 months in Guatemala City
• Demonstrates leadership skills and ability to work in a team setting
• Has a desire to develop professionally in an international environment while also being immersed in the diverse culture of Guatemala.
• Works well in a team setting
• Knowledge of Spanish (helpful but not required)
SkillsRequired - English, Microsoft Office
Preferred - Google Drive