Business Development / Sales InternSheWorks!
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Queen Concepts & Co.
SUMMER COLLEGE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENTEL PASO ELECTRIC CO
Business development - PaidA&A Marketing Group
Summer 2017 Product Development/Design Intern for Home products.Kennedy International
Business/Marketing Intern Needed in Liquor Industry!Talent Tree Staffing and Promotions
Project ManagementSmithsonian National Air and Space Museum
Marketing INTERNBookmark This
WSU HIGH Program
5475 Woodward Avenue
Posted: November 09 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/23/17 — 05/01/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe HIGH (Helping Individuals Go Higher) Program began in 2013 with a goal to help homeless, precariously housed and financially challenged students to persist in their goal to earn a degree from Wayne State University.
Wayne State University has long been a place of both opportunity and excellence, providing access to education at a world-class research institution of higher learning. Promising students attend Wayne State with a goal to earn their degree and achieve their dreams for personal and professional success. These students come from across the country and around the world. Yet the majority of Wayne State students call Michigan their home. Nearly 90 percent of students come from the tri-county area surrounding the university and 14 percent are from the city of Detroit. As a result, Wayne State is an important contributor of professional talent in Michigan, in addition to serving as an engine of economic growth and social progress. Wayne State takes pride in ensuring all students demonstrating promise, dedication and persistence have the opportunity to earn a degree and graduate prepared for success.
The HIGH Program is looking for a reliable Marketing Intern. The Marketing Intern will be essential to the growth and development of our program. This internship will provide you with great field experience, professional networking opportunities, and the ability to make a difference in your community.
ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a passionate intern who desires enrichment from a fast-paced and exciting program. Interns will be challenged with special projects designed specifically with their strengths and skills in mind. This is a great opportunity for task-oriented individuals who seek active membership in a professional team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Development of print materials
• Writing and editing
• Broadcasting of HIGH Program functions & events
• Assisting with capturing and archiving professional images of HIGH Program events and people
• Assistance with public relations plans and materials
• Ensuring that our program’s identity and mission is consistently and effectively represented within all program communications
• Working with Wayne State University Marketing & Communications Department as directed, and collaborating with Development as needed
Requirements- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external staff, manage time and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Apply computer, organizational, administrative, customer service, and telephone expertise
SkillsRequired - Problem Solving, Passion for Helping Others, Proficient in Microsoft Office, Oral Communication, Independent, Motivated, Articulate Communicator, Eager To Learn
Preferred - Social Media, Marketing, Business Networking, Brand Communication, Public Relations Skills