Entrepreneurship Program- Great for new grads!Empire Consulting Group
Business Development / Sales InternMountain Pacific
Intern for business owner (Entrepreneur)- Remote work!!TalentCube
Event & Venue/ Business Development/ Sales & Marketing InternshipRoyal Solutions
Event & Venue Business Development / Sales & Marketing InternshipBlue Square Concepts
Membership Outreach InternshipBookmark This
The Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
10700 Midlothian Turnpike; 8300 Boone Blvd
Posted: July 22 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe vision of the Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is to build bridges between
new Americans and the Commonwealth of Virginia. The VAHCC serves to connect
the outstanding potential of the Latino workforce to mainstream American commerce.
The Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce was founded in May 2000 as the first
statewide organization to empower Hispanics in the Virginia business community by
building economic, social, and cultural bridges between Virginia and its growing
Hispanic community. Since its commencement, the VAHCC has worked to foster an
environment that is conducive to business growth and benefits people with business
acumen, Hispanic or otherwise, through business and networking activities.
Our goals include:
• Growth and success of the VAHCC membership and Virginia Hispanic business
• To bridge the Hispanic and Commonwealth communities
• Advocacy, awareness, and integration of the Virginia Hispanic community
The VAHCC works with Hispanic Virginians and all those who wish to better the
community, partner with Hispanic business, and promote diversity. These include:
Virginia businesses and corporations; local, state, federal, and international entities;
non-profit organizations, and individuals. Ultimately, our organization seeks to achieve
significant visibility that will lead to becoming the organization of choice.
When you volunteer for the VAHCC, you do more than give your time and energy. You receive the appreciation
of a community while encouraging progress for Virginia. Working the VAHCC hosts a variety of opportunities
with in the fields of small business development, media production, non-profit management, and event
coordination, among many others. Many volunteer opportunities exist during our statewide events as well
as in our Richmond and Vienna offices.
ResponsibilitiesThe VAHCC has over 350 members around Virginia and internationally. The intern must
maintain communication with current members and prospective members must be told
about chamber benefits. Each member must have an organized profile and up to date
• Effectively communicate both written and verbally with existing, current, and prospective
• Handle recruitment phone calls personably and professionally
• Document all communication between members and potential members
• Maintain member database
• Help to develop membership renewal incentives
Additionally, all intern positions are expected to assist with administrative duties.
• Majors preferred, but not limited to: Marketing and Business, Communications
• Rising junior or senior
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Written and verbal proficiency in Spanish, preferred
• Completed internship application