Data Analyst with Accounting BackgroundRittenhouse Strategies
Sponsorship ManagerSistersvega Outreach, INC
Mobile Carwash Marketing & OperationsWashLB
Business Development InternEventMate
Start-up Company Seeking Passionate IndividualsTBA
Business Management - Entrepreneur MentalityMCO, Inc
District LeaderPrimerica Financial Services
Business Development / Sales Intern (full-time possibility)Solomon Ventures and Consulting, LLC
Partnerships InternBookmark This
419 7th Street NW 3rd Floor
Posted: September 23 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAgora Partnerships’ purpose is to accelerate the shift to a sustainable economy by unlocking the potential of entrepreneurs who are building purpose-driven companies that create social and environmental impact throughout Latin America. Agora accomplishes this through its flagship initiative, the Accelerator, a 4-month program designed to provide entrepreneurs with access to the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to succeed. Since 2011, Agora has worked with 125 Latin American companies, helped secure approximately $46.1MM in capital for Accelerator participants, and achieved a survival rate of 89 percent among participating companies.
The Partnerships Intern will serve as an integral member of Agora’s DC-based team during an exciting period of rapid growth. The Intern will play a key role in researching collaboration opportunities, crafting tailored messaging, and supporting outreach to specific stakeholder groups interested in social entrepreneurs and impact investing. The Intern will be based in Agora’s downtown Washington, D.C. office and will report directly to Agora’s Director of Partnerships.
Responsibilities- Research, compare and analyze potential partners ranging from foundations, corporations, and development institutions that are interested in supporting small and growing businesses, and recommend how Agora should engage these stakeholders to support existing and new programs;
- Support the Communications team in creating marketing materials for events and outreach, which may include PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, one-pagers, and postcards;
- Develop and execute plans to engage new partners by drafting proposals via Microsoft Office products, emails, and visual graphic tools;
- Help to maintain relationships with Agora Partnerships’ contacts via the Salesforce CRM tool by updating partner information and assisting in regular communications with various groups; and,
- Create new engagement opportunities for key stakeholders which could include writing articles, planning small and large events, exploring meeting options, and proposing co-created programs.
RequirementsWe are looking for someone who is passionate about finding entrepreneurial solutions to our most pressing social challenges, and who wants to accelerate a new generation of entrepreneurs towards success. Successful candidates must exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity and perseverance. We seek the following qualifications in an ideal candidate:
- Current undergraduate or graduate-level student or recent graduate in Business Administration, International Affairs, Communications and/or a similar field;
- Demonstrated experience in global development and partnership building;
- Knowledge of and strong interest in impact investing, social entrepreneurship, and/or Latin America;
- Effective at writing and working in a highly collaborative environment; and,
- English fluency, Spanish language skills a plus.
Please attach a cover letter and resume when applying
SkillsRequired - English, Communicaitons, Business Administration, Writing and Editing, Impact Investing
Preferred - Spanish, Latin American Business