Health & Wellness InternNew Avon
Jaunt Customer Service/Brand Development InternJaunt
Jaunt Customer Service/Brand Development InternJaunt
Business Development / Sales InternRobbie & Co. Mens Shop
Public Relations InternElite Sports & Entertainment Management Agency
Business Marketing Internship Entry Level college credit fall semester Flexible Hours!Save-A-SuitUSA
Real estate Company looking for interns - Business majors welcomeReal Estate
Tech Startup that helps online freelancers seeking Business/Product Development InternBookmark This
Posted: January 07 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionKrowdByz is a web technology startup working to revolutionize the future of online business interactions, and creating virtual tools for the internet based freelancer community. Our current pre-beta product is a new kind of profile building engine for freelancers that do “micro-jobs” (think Fiverr and Elance), and need a different type of “web resume” to record their digital job histories and convert them into professional resumes. Digital freelancing is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. We are creating tools that allow freelancers to own their job histories, connect to each other, and have the freedom to approach their clients on their own terms. If you are passionate about the new digital economy, helping freelancers, and keeping the internet marketplace open to everyone, come join our team. (You can learn more about the company at www.KrowdByz.com)
Our company works to help online freelancers, so we work and create like online freelancers. We subscribe to the decentralised lean development model, so our Tech and Business departments and associated personnel are spread across multiple cities, countries and time zones. There is no central office - the bulk of our creative process happens in virtual collaborative environments - which allows us greater flexibility in recruiting talent, and working across geographic locations. So this is a virtual internship that can be done from anywhere in the US, or anywhere in the world (and we welcome international applicants).
This is not an internship for people who aren’t independently motivated or are looking for a traditional office workplace (or a way to get a work visa). This program requires participants to be serious about taking initiative, staying in contact, being willing to learn from and take critical feedback from their teammates, as well as be able to work with multiple partners (in locations around the world) within a virtual office space. There will be no fake work, no copies or coffee getting. You will get to work on real projects, work with a team, be creative, get mentorship, learn fast or miss out, and have your skills challenged and improved. And if you earn our respect through your dedication (and not just your skills) - there will be multiple supervisors to provide you with letters of recommendation and serve as a long term reference.
Disclaimer: Participation in the internship, for any amount of time, does not itself guarantee placement in the company. However, given vacancies in our Tech and Business Departments, the needs of the company, and budget availability, interns may be offered full time and part time positions with the company after the internship is completed.
Responsibilities- Must be comfortable with excel, create graphs, charts, and manage groups of data. We need someone with a good socio-psychological intuition, that will be able to analyze data, notice trends, and be capable of presenting information in clear and accessible ways to others.
- Work on analysing the product specifications of other businesses in the industry, and crafting requirements to improve our software product. Learn technical specifications, and how to communicate ideas to coders and designers.
- Work with our Marketing to analyse market data on demographics, competing firms, new markets, trends, expectations and preferences, and translate that into improvements for our application.
- You should have a passion for technology and the internet, and the creativity to help us advance our project.
- Basic design and presentation skills are a big plus as well.
- Knowledge of foreign languages is a huge plus, and you will get to work with our International Markets team to expand our product outside the US market. (know only English, no problem, ask if you could work with the Canada/UK/Australia markets.)
RequirementsApplicants must have:
- A comprehensive resume (in PDF form) detailing previous applicable experience (you can also add a cover letter to fill in gaps).
- A knowledge of using Gdocs and social media. (A Gmail or Google account will be required.)
- Your hours will be flexible, but we expect a minimum 10-15 hours a week time commitment to qualify as an “active” week (and you can take breaks when needed for finals, family, travel etc.). The internship is successfully completed after logging in 12-14 active weeks.
- Acceptances are on a rolling basis - you can start at any time and continue for a minimum 12 week commitment. (But if you are having fun and learning you can extend the internship further and reach for more advanced assignments/positions in your field.)
- High School students are welcome to apply, if they can demonstrate a high degree of maturity, an interest in the project, and an affinity for the needed skill set.
- This is an internship for those excited to work with a tech startup. You will see how software projects go from idea stage, to strategy, to execution, to completion. Depending on your experience and creativity you will get to participate creatively in the establishment of new projects, task delineation, active process management and problem solving. As well as work together with developers, designers, QA, analysts and marketing to make new ideas into digital reality.
You can speed up the application process by emailing us directly, and sending your PDF resume to email@example.com (remember to start your email’s subject with the skill track you are interested in).