Entry Level - Sales & Marketing - PAID TRAININGLakeview Consultants
Business Development Internship (Winter 2016/Spring 2017)Braathe Enterprises
Administrative AssiatantSkypes Enterprise
Business Development InternshipPremiere Energy Auctions
Business Finance InternFarotech
Business Communications Coordinator-Entry LevelImperial Solutions, Inc
Sales and Marketing LeadSaveOhno
Translation Project Management Training ProgramBookmark This
2001 Beacon Street, suite 105
Posted: October 10 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you studying Translation, Languages or Communication? Do you want the chance to not only implement what you are learning, but also acquire new skills while being part of a close-knit and dynamic team?
Through training, coaching and hands-on experience you will have a chance to become a professional Translation Project Manager at Language Connections. We are a Boston-based, multi-lingual translation agency. We provide translation and interpreting support for top names, including Harvard, MIT and Santander, for various projects and international conferences. We are constantly involved with exciting language-related events both nationwide and globally.
• You will learn about the technology and processes involved in the world of modern language services.
• You will make international contacts.
• You will have real responsibilities with direct impact on the company's bottom line, working side-by-side with senior project managers.
• You will get our full support in your professional development and future career.
We offer you job training and help you acquire the necessary skills that have allowed many of our European interns find work in the industry soon after completing their internships. We will help you find housing and help with any logistical issues. After a 6-month unpaid internship period , we will offer a paid position to the right individual for the duration of their US visas (additional 6 to 12 months).
If you are interested, please send your résumé and cover letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to hearing from you!
ResponsibilitiesYour main activities as a Translation Project Manager will include:
• Assembling teams of freelance translators and editors for each project and managing in-house resources and external vendors efficiently and cost effectively
• Exercising sound judgment in keeping involved parties informed at all times. Keeping clients updated regarding potential difficulties and/or issues affecting cost and turn-around time.
• Managing major client accounts: initial planning, estimating services, delivering final files, invoicing.
RequirementsWhat we expect from you:
• You should be a student or a graduate in Translation, Linguistics or related studies;
• Six months full time commitment
• Very good written and spoken English
• Proficiency with computers and most common software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat);
• Superior organizational skills and strong sense of accountability
• Talent for creative problem-solving
• A detail-oriented and service-oriented personality
Additional skills that are not required, but would be an asset:
• Previous experience in the fields of translation/interpretation/linguistics
• Ability to work in an international environment; interest in global culture
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal abilities
• Knowledge of CAT tools (i.e., SDL Trados)
• Knowledge of other languages is an asset
SkillsRequired - Translation, English, MS Office Suite, Oral & Written Communication Skills
Preferred - CAT tools, Foreign Languages, Organization Skills, Creative Problem Solving, Attention To Detail, Presentation Skills, Interpersonal Communication Abilities