Business Development and Marketing InternPopFit Kids
Interns wanted for the spring semester- All majors acceptedFelicork Real Estate
Business Intern IKingston5 Productions
Operations Support InternTekMasters, LLC
Part-time Business Development CoordinatorPascale Communications
Business Administration - Entry Level - FT & Intern OpeningsMammoth Marketing, Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternAdvisalign
Event & Venue/ Business Development/ Sales & Marketing InternshipRoyal Solutions
Zappos Advanced Analytics College Intern - Summer 2015Bookmark This
400 E. Stewart Avenue
Las Vegas, NV
Posted: January 19 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionZappos.com, Inc. is looking for a Advanced Analytics College Intern!
Why join us? Our unique culture has made Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years straight. Find out why: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies
Why else? Pursue growth and learning is one of our core values, and there will be no shortage of growth or learning in this nine week summer internship! You’ll get hands-on experience in a team-oriented environment and have some fun along the way.
Want more? Summer interns may qualify for corporate housing assistance, free food and drinks on our campus, social events throughout the internship, and a 40 percent off discount on zappos.com!
Who are we?
As part of the advanced analytics team, the advanced analytics intern will help define, develop, and deliver analysis that informs strategic and tactical decision making related to Zappos Business. This is an excellent growth opportunity for an analytics go-getter to help shape the future of advanced analytics at Zappos.
Team fun fact:
Everyone in the team can speak at least three different languages: not a requirement but certainly a trend.
Zappos.com, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
ResponsibilitiesWhat will you do?
In the advanced analytics internship, you will initially be responsible for assisting more senior members of the team with different analytical projects. This could include writing SQL, analyzing trends, manipulating data in an environment like SAS or R, or the obviously usual intern things like grabbing coffee. As you progress through the internship you will take on more independent responsibility and conduct your own analyses. If you’ve ever been curious what working with billions of rows of data is like, then you’re probably looking in the right place. Learn how to manipulate and make sense of it all.
• Support the drive for volume, profit, cash, customer service level and share growth
• Monitor volume/pricing/mix trends, elevating insights and assisting in development and execution of action plans
• Identify and perform "deep dive" analysis/data mining on special business topics for and with all major functional areas (eg. marketing ROI and optimization, serve and fulfillment process/productivity improvements, demand forecasting, buying and pricing optimization, customer segmentation, etc.)
• Liaise with functional area teams (eg. finance, merchandising, marketing, customer service, etc.) on projects related their areas
• Create ad hoc analyses and recommendations
• Ensure accurate reporting, effective controls, and the evolution of analytics services
RequirementsAre you a match?
• You’ll be working with numbers and solving real-life problems, so successful candidates will usually (not always) be pursuing a degree in one of the following areas: economics, statistics, business, mathematics, computer science.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
• Experience working with a large set of data in Excel
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with statistical software (SAS, R, SPSS)
• Normal working business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Must be willing to relocate to Las Vegas, NV for the summer of 2015 (did we mention we have some sweet housing lined up?!)