International Business Internship or FellowshipElevate Global
Real estate Company looking for interns - Business majors welcomeReal Estate
MBA InternTrans Bay Cable
Business Development / Sales InternOSI
Business and Events InternshipOviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Zappos Information Security College Intern - Summer 2015Bookmark This
400 E. Stewart Avenue
Las Vegas, NV
Posted: January 19 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionZappos.com, Inc. is looking for an Information Security College Intern!
Why join us? Our unique culture has made Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years straight. Find out why: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies
Why else? Pursue growth and learning is one of our core values, and there will be no shortage of growth or learning in this nine week summer internship! You’ll get hands-on experience in a team-oriented environment and have some fun along the way.
Want more? Summer interns may qualify for corporate housing assistance, free food and drinks on our campus, social events throughout the internship, and a 40 percent off discount on zappos.com!
Who are we?
The Zappos Information Security team is responsible for keeping our customer, employee, and business data safe. The team accomplishes this goal through the use of a wide range of tools and techniques to monitor the network, probe for vulnerabilities, and research new threats. Additionally, the team works to ensure that our practices comply with accepted industry standards.
Team fun fact:
Our team periodically spends time together outside of work. Some of our past team outings include:
• Renting jet-skis and pontoon boats on Lake Mead
• Playing paintball
• Eating out at buffets on the Strip
• Acting in a murder mystery production
Please apply at internships.zappos.com. DO NOT apply here. Go to internships.zappos.com
Zappos.com, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
ResponsibilitiesWhat will you do?
As the Information Security Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn security practices both offensive and defensive in nature, and apply these practices to help improve the security posture of the company. You will receive hands-on experience assessing and improving web application security, network security, and security policies.
The CliffsNotes: You will have the opportunity to shadow, learn about, and gain experience in any of the following areas:
• Perform penetration testing/ethical hacking of the company’s websites and internal systems by discovering and exploiting vulnerabilities.
• Identify remediation techniques and mitigation strategies for security issues.
• Investigate suspicious network activity through the use of intrusion detection systems, malware detection appliances, log aggregation platforms, and more.
• Evaluate the compliance of systems and networks with regards to information security standards using commercial software and open source tools.
• Develop custom software to improve the efficacy and efficiency of any of the above tasks.
RequirementsAre you a match?
• Computer Science (or related) major, or a strong knowledge of application & network security.
• Strong passion for the security field.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multitask.
• Knowledge of technical components including directories (LDAP/Active Directory), access and authorization technologies, and encryption solutions helpful.
• Understanding of operating systems helpful.
• Understanding of internetworking protocols, platforms, and devices such as IP, firewalls, servers, routers and switches helpful.
• Knowledge of web architectures and understanding of web programming languages helpful.
• Normal working business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Must be willing to relocate to Las Vegas, NV for the summer of 2015 (did we mention we have some sweet housing lined up?!).