Communications Strategy InternBookmark This
Connecticut Ave, N.W.
DescriptionCommunications Strategy Internship
Third Way’s Communications team is looking for a smart, creative, and enthusiastic person to work side-by-side with Third Way staff to cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with DC decision makers, the national press, and influential thinkers in the policy world. Examples of our impact include:
• Third Way ideas and staff are frequently cited in major news outlets including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Roll Call, POLITICO and others;
• Third Way staff is called on to offer commentary & analysis by broadcast media. Our staff is regularly featured on ABC News, CNN, NBC News, CBS News, the BBC, NPR and almost all major cable political programs;
• Events co-hosted and attended by Senate & House leadership, elite media, and leaders in the advocacy community.
ResponsibilitiesInterns are an integral part of our team, and they work on a variety of tasks that are critical to our communications strategy, including:
• Research & Writing: Interns conduct research on media trends, draft text for press releases and talking points, and copyedit a variety of products including infographics, op-eds, reports, and newsletters.
• Social Media: Interns help develop daily content to advance Third Way’s social media and networking presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr;
• Events: Interns assist with the planning and execution of all Third Way program events.
• Relationship Building: Interns maintain the Third Way distribution lists and track our interactions with press using various customer relations management databases
• Candidates must be a college graduate or graduate student with an interest in and knowledge of the intersection of public policy, national politics, and journalism.
• Research Skills: We’re looking for someone who is a whiz on the Internet—checking quotes, chasing down facts, digging up poll results and election returns, able to distinguish between reliable and unreliable sources.
• Administrative skills: Your duties include scheduling, and proofing essays and infographics, so attention to detail is a must;
• Ability to prioritize/handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines;
• Strong computer skills, with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience using NGPVAN is preferred but not required.
Please send resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.