Grad Student Internship: Santa Clara Valley Water District: Geo-technical & Structural EngineeringJohnson Service Group
On-Campus Internship - $23/hr - NationwideVeryones
Undergraduate Student Worker (Non-IT) - RD Construction -Standards TeamSynectics Inc.
Construction InternIndiana State Personnel Department
Geotechnical Engineering InternshipWhitestone Associates, Inc.
Sales & Management Trainee - Entry LevelGift of Hope Inc
GeoStructural Engineering InternshipSchnabel Foundation Company
Civil Engineer InternBookmark This
1800 Alexander Bell Drive suite 400
Posted: October 15 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLand development, more than 35 years experience in the industry. We do entitlements for residential and commercial. Home of the land report analysis, it's a stand alone feasibility study to have the highest, best use, and true value of your property. We are a team of engineers and brokers with expertise in the DMV area, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Philadelphia area.
ResponsibilitiesPrincipal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist and Reviews the designs, plans, and engineering reports for public infrastructure projects including street and utility improvements. Assist the Civil Engineering team with the street paving, water mains, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, storm water detention, grading and erosion control measures against applicable engineering standards to obtain City/County approvals.
• Assists in the preparation of conceptual plans, including planning, coordinating with current and anticipated developments, developing improvement concepts, and generating conceptual cost estimates. Also, works closely with the site/construction management on the construction improvements on specific projects during the construction season. Ability to travel to Montgomery County and Silver Spring Maryland.
• Participates in the in-house engineering design and development of construction documents for site plan and land subdivision projects including plans, specifications, and bidding documents.
• Assist the Engineering team with inquiries and complaints from clients and contractors regarding project infrastructure and improvements; completes on-site investigations, and acts as the company representative.
• Assists with the completion of special projects, studies and engineering reports including storm water routing, sanitary sewer and water capacity analysis, pavement determinations, and feasibility studies.
• Attends work related meetings as needed or as directed, and assists with staff presentations when required.
Preferable a Junior or Senior.
Previous Internship experience is a plus.
Working Knowledge/ Interest on Residential and/ or Commercial.
Revit and AutoCAD.
We are a land Development Company located in Reston, VA. We are looking for a motivated, responsible, and creative Civil Engineer Intern to join our growing company. We work with clients in the residential, commercial and sustainable markets.