Civil Engineering Internship (Summer 2017)Brash Industries
Heaven on Earth Eco Village Research City Phase 1 VolunteersThe Hemp Hope Group
Undergraduate Student Worker (Non-IT) - RD Construction -Standards TeamSynectics Inc.
Civil Engineering Internship - Must apply on www.stcharlesil.gov/jobsCity of St. Charles
Construction InternIndiana State Personnel Department
Geotechnical Engineering InternshipWhitestone Associates, Inc.
Sales & Management Trainee - Entry LevelGift of Hope Inc
Civil Engineering International Internship *IN MALTA, EUROPE*Bookmark This
Posted: September 13 2016
Company Location: London, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInternshipGuru helps undergraduates and graduates bridge the gap between university and employment, by providing specialised international internship programmes, which equip students with the perfect mix of work experience, personal development and cultural experiences.
Responsibilities• Investigate sites to determine the most suitable foundation for a proposed construction
• Research and advise on the best engineering solution to meet a client’s needs and budget
• Prepare engineering calculations required for the design of projects, and supervise the drafting of plans
• Produce detailed designs and documentation for the construction and implementation of civil engineering projects
• Organise the delivery of materials, plant machinery and equipment needed for the construction project and supervise labour
• Develop detailed programmes for the coordination of site activities
• Work with other engineers, architects, landscape architects and environmental scientists
• Assist government bodies in preparing yearly works programmes (such as work on car parks, drainage, roads, aerodromes or sewerage systems) within set budgets
• Operate computers to assist with the design of civil engineering projects
• Coordinate and direct research, development and testing of materials, processes or systems related to civil engineering works
• Research, advise on and plan the control and minimisation of air, water and solid waste pollution, and the management of water resources
• Supervise the testing and commissioning of completed works
• Analyse and interpret reports on loading, labour productivity, quality, materials and performance
• analyse risks associated with natural disasters (including cyclones, earthquakes, fires and floods), and design structures and services to meet appropriate standards
• Arrange for geological and geophysical investigations and carry out feasibility studies.