Summer Civil Engineering Internship
Are you looking for civil engineering internships in Los Angeles, CA? Civil engineers design, build, operate, and maintain structures such as industrial complexes, buildings such as community centers, and public works such as bridges. Nearly half of all civil engineers work in the engineering services field and nearly a quarter work for state and local governments.
An internship will give you practical experience assisting senior engineers on real projects. This experience can be just as important as your grades in engineering courses.
To land a summer civil engineering internship in LA, you’ll need both strong academic performances and professor recommendations. You’ll also need to have some experience with CADD, AutoCad, and Engineering Design. Exposure to Civil3D is a plus. Some employers prefer interns with an Engineer in Training (EIT) designation, which can be accomplished by completing three years of an ABET-accredited engineering program and passing the FE exam.
As an intern, you’ll likely be placed on a team with engineers and assigned projects such as modeling aspects of a project using CAD software; providing design, calculations, drafting, and administrative support; or maintaining databases. An internship will give you insight into how engineering science is applied. You’ll also receive invaluable feedback and coaching on your performance as a civil engineering intern.
What can you expect as a civil engineering intern in Los Angeles?
Students can find many compelling reasons to look for internships in Los Angeles. The City of Angels offers memorable scenery, fantastic beaches and sunny weather.
This region's strong job market also compensates for the relatively high cost of living. Internships provide experience that can help people enter desirable, well-paying occupations.
Students in Los Angeles have the opportunity to gain employment at several major civil engineering companies such as DCI engineers and AECOM. While they learn and work, interns can set aside time to stroll Venice Beach's famed boardwalk or see the iconic Hollywood sign.
You’ll learn about the company culture, the civil engineering industry, and various other engineering roles. You’ll also develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you some day.
During your Los Angeles civil engineering internship, be sure to take the opportunity to build your communication skills and get familiar with common office software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ready to get started? Find your LA civil engineering internship below.
Search For Civil Engineering Internships In Los Angeles, CA
MORE 2017 CIVIL ENGINEERING INTERNSHIPS IN NEARBY CITIES
- Civil Engineering Internships in Fresno, CA
- Civil Engineering Internships in Long Beach, CA
- Civil Engineering Internships in Oakland, CA
- Civil Engineering Internships in Orange County, CA
- Civil Engineering Internships in Sacramento, CA
- Civil Engineering Internships in San Francisco, CA
- Civil Engineering Internships in San Jose, CA
MORE 2017 INTERNSHIPS IN LOS ANGELES, CA
- Business Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Communication Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Design Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Development Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Management Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Marketing Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Media Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Paid Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Research Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Social Media Internships in Los Angeles, CA